2nd Trimester

Double Stroller or NOT?

My daughter will be 3 1/2 when the new baby is born. I am trying to decide if I will need a double stroller or not. My husband thinks she will be fine walking and not want to be in a stroller. But I'm the what if type….what if she gets sleepy? what if she gets tired of walking? The prices on double strollers can be very expensive and I don't want to purchase and then not use. Any thoughts?

Re: Double Stroller or NOT?

• You could get a sit and stand one.  They're a bit cheaper than a regular double like a family with twins might have.
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• I bought a double 2nd hand bc my 1st wasn't big on riding in strollers anyway. It's nice to have the option to use one but you probably won't use it near enough to justify buying new. I barely use/used mine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LilyputionLilypution member
    edited December 2013
    Good suggestions, thanks!

• would you consider wearing one of your LOs?  My son will be 5 when my second is born...he's never been crazy about the stoller.  He's on the tinier side - i have an Ergo and want a ring sling for this LO....then I could use the stoller for the other one...

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014

• oops - i should add that he loves the Ergo as a back carry - its safe to almost 45 lbs and he's only 36 lbs now.  

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014

• i say dont get one! my son was 2 when my daughter was born & we have used the double just 1-2 times...!!! and i am a runner & we walk our dog daily ! my kids like the wagon though ;) 
    also wasted money on a sit & stand. wish you were in MI,,i'd give you mine! 
    maybe get a double umbrella 

• Mrs_D_in_KYMrs_D_in_KY member
    edited December 2013
    DS will be 4 when this LO arrives. For the times we are at the zoo, museum, etc I have a sit and stand that I am purchasing super cheap from a friend. I would suggest getting one second hand from Craig's List or a friend.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• If you can find an inexpensive one, I would get one (through Craigslist or yard sales or something).  I found it REALLY helped to have one on hand for shopping at the mall, at the zoo etc.  
  • I got a tandem stroller with a stand/sit section for my DS (3 1/2 when baby comes) and a regular seat/carseat section for baby. It was secondhand and not too expensive. :)
  • I wouldn't waste the money. DD was just under two when I had DS and we just used a single. If DD wanted to sit in the stroller, I wore DS. We also didn't go to the zoo or anything until DS was older as he was a fall baby and it was already getting cold out.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

• I would get a used sit and stand. Of you go places with lots of walking or they wanna stop for a snack/ rest it will be much more convenient. We got ours for like $40 at a consignment sale.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• I can't imagine that you'd need one.  If you were on an all day outing where your 3.5 year old might get tired, I'd just take a baby carrier to wear baby.  Then again I don't use a stroller so I may be the wrong person to ask ;)  My oldest was 2.5 when my second was born; I wore her and he always just walked.
  • would you consider wearing one of your LOs?  My son will be 5 when my second is born...he's never been crazy about the stoller.  He's on the tinier side - i have an Ergo and want a ring sling for this LO....then I could use the stoller for the other one...
    This is the route we are going to take at first at least.  We don't go many places that would warrant a stroller anyway so if we do go somewhere I'll just wear LO #2 and have the stroller for LO#1.  If we end up saying we need one we'll get it later.  DD will be almost 3 when #2 is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Thanks guys! A lot of helpful information. I think I'll just wait until after the baby is born to see how things go. Unless, of course I can find a really cheap one.  

Thanks Again!
  • Some stroller have a "boogy board" attatchment that you could purchase. Maybe that is an option for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"