Options

Weekly weigh in?

13»

Re: Weekly weigh in?

• Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited December 2013
    Height: 5'5''

Pregnancy: I was 144lbs at my first doctor's appointment (7w6d)

17w5d: 153lbs at home

~Jessica~ 

• Options
    5'3" 140 pre-pregnancy
    144 at 15 weeks

I'm 18 weeks now and a I have no idea how much I weigh. I don't own a scale.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5'8 pre-pregnacy 135 last appointment 125... I don't own a scale I'm at 14 weeks now and that was taken at 12 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm 5'6", pre-pregnancy weight 168lbs, now at 17 weeks I'm at 171 lbs. Haven't gained any weight since my appointment at 14 weeks, which is surprising because of the holiday goodies and I haven't really been working out (bad I know). I hope that isn't bad.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm 5'7" and was 150 pre and now am 155 at 14 weeks
  • Options
    Started at 5'2" and 117 lbs. At about 12 weeks I was 118 and today at just past 17 weeks I am 120.
    IVF#1 in March 2013.  BFP!  Due date 12/11/13.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lost my sweet angel...D&C on 6/11/13.

IVF#2 in September.  BFP!  Due date 6/8/14!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I am very overweight and was originally told to gain NOTHING. Then they revised and said "lose as much as you can without sacrificing nutrition." So far I am down 3 overall (thanks to all the MS, not because I am eating much healthier), but I am trying to eat less carbs now that I am a little less sick all the time. 

MrsBuckholtz if you have been doing paleo or low carb, a LOT of that is probably water gain from restoring your glycogen stores, plus the normal pregnancy water weight. I did the wheat belly diet a year and a half ago and lost about 65 pounds pretty quickly, but as soon as I would eat carbs I would instantly gain back 7 pounds...like within a weekend. It was actually really unnerving sometimes to see, but in the book the author talked about adding those 7-10 pounds to your "final" weight just because of that and its just water. 
    Me-27 DH-30
    TTC since 7/2010 with PCOS
    MMC 6/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP 10/13!

Little A was born at 36 weeks on 5/23/14!

• Options
    kibean said:
    I am very overweight and was originally told to gain NOTHING. Then they revised and said "lose as much as you can without sacrificing nutrition." So far I am down 3 overall (thanks to all the MS, not because I am eating much healthier), but I am trying to eat less carbs now that I am a little less sick all the time. 

MrsBuckholtz if you have been doing paleo or low carb, a LOT of that is probably water gain from restoring your glycogen stores, plus the normal pregnancy water weight. I did the wheat belly diet a year and a half ago and lost about 65 pounds pretty quickly, but as soon as I would eat carbs I would instantly gain back 7 pounds...like within a weekend. It was actually really unnerving sometimes to see, but in the book the author talked about adding those 7-10 pounds to your "final" weight just because of that and its just water. 

Thanks kibean... I figure some of it is the sudden change in diet, but there's been some serious overeating on my part too. By the way, we have the same due date!
      IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    5'7 148 pre prego 152 @ 19 weeks.
  • Options
    Have your doctors said anything to you ladies that are losing? My last scheduled appointment was on December 16th, I saw my doctor again on the 23rd and was down 4 lbs and again today and down another 2, so 6 total.

My doctor said my weight loss isn't good, but I haven't consciously changed my eating habits. I just get full really quick and stay full for a long time. I has originally been worried about gaining weight since I started our slightly oversight, now I'm worried about gaining enough and just am not sure what exactly I can do to gain.
  • Options
    5'4" 128 pre-preg, now 138 @ 18 weeks (+10)
  • Options
    5'7'' & 148 lbs pre-pregnancy, dropped to 142 in the 1st trimester. Now at 144 @ (almost) 18 weeks :)
  • Options
    SNLT1012 said:

Have your doctors said anything to you ladies that are losing? My last scheduled appointment was on December 16th, I saw my doctor again on the 23rd and was down 4 lbs and again today and down another 2, so 6 total.

My doctor said my weight loss isn't good, but I haven't consciously changed my eating habits. I just get full really quick and stay full for a long time. I has originally been worried about gaining weight since I started our slightly oversight, now I'm worried about gaining enough and just am not sure what exactly I can do to gain.

I'm down 11 with the same problem of just being way too full so quickly. Mine said not to worry until the 3rd trimester. As long as I'm getting 1200 calories now the baby will take what it needs.
  • Options
    lellymine said:
    Have your doctors said anything to you ladies that are losing? My last scheduled appointment was on December 16th, I saw my doctor again on the 23rd and was down 4 lbs and again today and down another 2, so 6 total. My doctor said my weight loss isn't good, but I haven't consciously changed my eating habits. I just get full really quick and stay full for a long time. I has originally been worried about gaining weight since I started our slightly oversight, now I'm worried about gaining enough and just am not sure what exactly I can do to gain.
    I'm down 11 with the same problem of just being way too full so quickly. Mine said not to worry until the 3rd trimester. As long as I'm getting 1200 calories now the baby will take what it needs.
    1200 doesn't sound like nearly enough.  Are you extremely short?  Even if you are, that really doesn't sound like enough.  Check out this website:
    https://www.my-calorie-counter.com/Calorie_Calculator.asp# 
    If you put in your pre-pregnancy height and weight, you should take that value and add about 350 calories since you're in your second trimester.  For me, since I'm 5'7", started at 126 pounds, and am moderately active, I should have about 2,450 calories per day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

lellymine said:

SNLT1012 said:

1200 doesn't sound like nearly enough.  Are you extremely short?  Even if you are, that really doesn't sound like enough.  Check out this website:
    https://www.my-calorie-counter.com/Calorie_Calculator.asp# 
    If you put in your pre-pregnancy height and weight, you should take that value and add about 350 calories since you're in your second trimester.  For me, since I'm 5'7", started at 126 pounds, and am moderately active, I should have about 2,450 calories per day.

Nope, I'm 5'7 too. Mine said the baby only needs 200 calories until the 3rd trimester and then it only goes up to 300. Baby is growing right on schedule. She isn't worried so I'm not. I'd have to eat straight junk to get 2450 calories in me every day since I can't fit in the amount of nutritious foods it'd take to get to that number.
  • Options

I have a sneaking suspicion that there are probably many ladies on here that have gained more weight, but aren't comfortable sharing as I'm only seeing posts of minimal weight gain...

I know I've gained too much so far.  I'm 16w4d.  I'm 5'10" and was 171 when I got pregnant (right at the top of healthy weight).  I weighed myself yesterday and was 186, so +15 pounds.  I had a really hard time in the first trimester because all I could stomach were carbs.  I'd eaten fairly paleo for the previous 10 months, so this meant really rapid weight gain for me.  Now, I'm having such a hard time getting back on track and it's really beginning to stress me out.  I lost 35 pounds this year and was so happy that I'd enter pregnancy in such a healthy place... now I feel like I've squandered so much of it and it's upsetting.  I'm hoping that sticking back to my regular diet will slow the gain from here on out.

I'm with you - I was predominately paleo and lost 88 pounds this year, but only found carbs to satiate the nausea, etc... I'm +20 in 16 weeks of pregnancy and trying SO hard to level out for at least the next month!

Totally in the same boat - I'm 5'10 and started at 150lbs. I'm only 15 weeks and I'm already up 15 lbs. My doctor said yesterday that that was "healthy" but considering that you gain more in the 2nd tri and EVEN MORE in the 3rd tri, I'm slightly freaking out. At this rate, I'll be up like 60 lbs by the end :S

I'm trying to stay positive though cuz in the 1st tri I felt so nauseous, all I ate was carbs. Plus 3 months of not a single work out. Now that I feel better, I'm starting to work out and eat better, so hopefully the 2nd trimester won't be as rapid as the first
  • Options
    I'm overweight but always have "weighed more" even at a size zero in high school I weighed 145 lbs. thought I was fat too. Lol

I'm 5'5" and am -12 lbs.

Just eating better and cut out soda. I'll I have eaten is carbs though so I'm surprised. Gave up afternoon snacks for chocolate milk instead. So just trying to be healthy.
  • Options
    I am 5'11" 
    pre pregnancy weight was 205  #-o
    Current weight 211 at 18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Audrey born 5/31/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"