Breastfeeding
Options

Insurance breast pump options

My insurance provides me with 4 different options for breast pumps and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these or knows someone who has had positive/negative experiences?

#1 - Hygeia Q Breast Pump
#2 - Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump
#3 - Medela Advanced Personal Double Pump
#4 - Limerick PJ's Bliss Electric Breast Pump

Any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks!
<image>

Re: Insurance breast pump options

• Options
    I got #2 through my insurance and so far it's been working just fine for me! I like that it's a closed system.
  • Options
    I have a Medala PISA and have been happy with it, as happy as I'd be with any pump!  I've heard good things about Ameda as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the medela and it works well.
  • Options
    I also have #2 and it has worked perfect for me. The LC even tested the suction when I developed mastitis and it was great.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have #2 and also the Medela Freestyle. I'm not sure how the Medela Freestyle compares to the one your insurance covers, as far as performance goes, but I very much prefer my Medela over the Ameda.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks you guys! Everyone is super helpful :)
    <image>
  • Options
    #3 isn't the same as the PISA. I borrowed my friends PISA (sorry if that's gross to people, I was instructed to pump bc baby wasn't gaining, I needed a pump pronto, and the medical supplier didn't have them in stock) and it's much better than #3 , even though it's 4 years old. I'm very disappointed with it.
  • Options
    I have the Medela advanced that was covered by my insurance, and I love it. LO is 8 months and I've used it every day for the past 6 months (multiple times Mon-Fri when I'm working). I was told it is exactly the same as the PISA and the only difference is the bag. I had an older version of the PIS with my older kids and I don't notice a difference (I know PP said they noticed a difference....but I don't).

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    I have a Medela PISA and a medela double electric.  The only difference is the lack of a letdown button on the double electric.  I get the exact same output from both pumps (keep one at home and one at work).  I've never used anything but a Medela but I've had friends with issues with durability with their Amedas so I stick with Medela even though insurance gave me a choice.

• Options
    Definitely #2 or #3. I have Medela PISA and have no complaints.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    I have the Hygeia and it's great! It's a closed system and the company will recycle it for you when you're finished with it. They are also endorsed by LLLI and mine came with a year's membership.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have the Ameda Purely Yours.  I just got a replacement motor this week since my original one was starting to die on me.  Their customer service is really great.  However, once I'm done pumping with it, I can still get at least another half ounce with my Medela manual pump (and more with hand expression). I also rented a Medela Symphony for a month and loved it.  I think if given the options between Ameda and Medela, I'd go with Medela.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"