Pregnant after IF

I want to punch the OB in the face. Would that be wrong?

So I know I am crazy.  I am very up front with admitting it.  I have 2 NST's per week at the MFM.  I am monitored very well.  But I've been told the whole pregnancy that things can change so quickly with a mono/di pregnancy, and I've been really nervous.  I went into L&D on Christmas night due to slower fetal movement and had an NST, so last week I had 3 done.  Today was good for the morning, but this afternoon has been very, very slow movement.  From 1:30 p.m. until now, 6 p.m.  I called the OB (there are 4 in my group that I rotate and see all of them) and my least favorite (who just happens to also be the a-hole doing my c section) is on call.  So I tell him about the reduction in movement, and he says, you were just in the hospital on Wednesday and everything was fine, right?  

Seriously dude?  Your 3 partners and the MFM have all told me to call because things can change hour to hour, and you are questioning why I called?  He then says babies can have sleep cycles up to an hour, and they only look for 5 movements per hour.  Meanwhile I've been told 10 per hour and even if you get 10, if they normally come in 20 minutes, but this time come in 45, still come in.  So he has me "monitoring" movements for another hour to see if I get over that, and if not to go in for the NST.  Oh, and the guy lives 10 minutes from the hospital.  Not like the poor lady who came in on xmas who lives 45 minutes away and was happier than ever.  Ugh.  Just had to vent.  DH says even if I get 30 movements I am to call him back and we are going in for piece of mind.  

I really, really dislike this guy and thank god there is another dr. who will be with him for the c section who I love, but it just sucks when dr.'s bedside manners suck.  Rant over.  Thanks for reading this far.  
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: I want to punch the OB in the face. Would that be wrong?

• I was hoping you would have a better day today :( I'm sorry that your OB is being such a jerk about things. If all else fails, your H is right. With all that could change with your boys, id rather be the girl who cried wolf in L&D, KWIM?
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kzawislkzawisl member
    edited December 2013
    F that guy's professional opinion. Trust your gut. Not to scare you, but my sister noticed decreased fetal movement and had to have an emergency c section at 33 weeks. My niece's cord blood flow had reversed, and if my sister hadn't gone in, we would have lost that sweet girl. (After 7 weeks in the NICU, she is now a bubbly 20 month old who is hitting all her milestones). ((Hugs)) to you.
    Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  •  I am so sorry, I know how docs can be. I had my share of bad ones mysefl. Keep pushing for what you want and be your own advocate. It is the only way to go. 

Best of luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I hate doctors like that. Good job advocating for your babies...you're already in mama bear mode, nothing wrong with that!

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
    DH:39 lower than average count.
    Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
    ~IVF#1: July 2012~
    7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
    u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
    u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
    Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.
  • Just got home from nst and after some juice both babies were reactive. A hole dr didn't even come in, a dr from another practice said the dr asked him to look at nst and discharge me. Thankful babies are ok and can't wait to deliver so I can go back on my anxiety meds lol.
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I'm glad the boys are still doing well! It's only about 11 more days right?!?!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kick his ass! Ugh! I hate that! One of the mfm doctors I hated also. And you are doing everything right. MFM & my ob told me if movement decreases, call ob or go to l&d asap. Thats how we found out about my fluid being low. Some doctors just have horrible bed side manner and flat out suck. Some of them don't understand all that we've been thru to get PG. Grrr. Anywho, I'm.glad the little men are doing well. They'll be home soon. And there's a ton of people in during the csection so thank god you're not stuck alone with that jerk.
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • I'm glad the boys are still doing well! It's only about 11 more days right?!?!
    9 days!!! 9 days!!!  and yes, i am very glad that he's not the only dr. in the OR! 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Ugh, that's so contradictory! That would make me so mad!! I'm sorry, I hope everything is just fine....

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • edited December 2013
    I'm glad the babies did well during the NST. And what an a-hole for sure! People who become doctors seem to be one of two types of personalities: people who are smart, kind, and want to help others.... And then those who are smug and just like being a know-it-all horse's ass. I despise those jerks!! Our RE was one and I absolutely hated him by the end. And we had an HMO so we were stuck with him unless we wanted to go OOP. I feel ya! You are almost there, though! Hang in there. I'm punching your jerky OB inside my head for you right now.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm glad everything is fine. F that doctor. Keep calling and go with your gut. Bug the shit out of them if you have to! I think you are doing the right things!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"