November 2013 Moms
Options

someone please help!

A has had horrible gas for a few days now. It's all day and all night. It's not just slight gas. He is constantly grunting and groaning and crying because of it. I try to feed him but he struggles to eat because of it. No matter what position I put him in he can't breastfeed comfortably. We do bicycle kicks and tummy rubs andv tummy time. He's passing the gas but it never seems to be enough. He's not pooping well either. It takes hours of tummy rubs and kicks to get him to just make a skid mark in his diaper. We haven't slept in two days because he is too uncomfortable to sleep. He is just always grunting and groaning and squirming. I don't have any dairy or soy in my diet. I don't think I had any of it by accident. Gas drops aren't cutting it.I tried colic calm and tummy calm. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so tired. Someone please help me figure this out.

Re: someone please help!

• Options
    Call your pedi and see if they have something stronger they can prescribe. Also, I cut some of the dairy I was drinking and that helped with the gas issues here. Are you eating any of the gas triggers? I hope you guys get things under control!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried the windi? It's by the same people who make the nose Frida. I've heard great things about it, but haven't needed to use mine yet! Sorry your LO is so uncomfortable. Hope you both get some relief soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It may be something else in your diet...have you had a lot of green veggies lately? That can cause back up and gas as well. I know my LO can't do onions. Good luck! Hope it resolves soon!
  • Options
    wedding06 said:
    Gerber Soothe drops work for some babies.
    I was just going to write this!  super expensive, but I think that they are helping.  We do the bicycle of the legs before each feeding and since he gets so relaxed when he eats, I feel it helps him pass gas easier.  Also, when I give him a bath, I put a warm washcloth on his belly and keep pouring water over it, so the pressure of the washcloth and the warmth of the water sometimes helps.
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• Options
    All I eat is meat, potatoes, carrots and butternut squash. I wonder if it could be sugar because I've been eating gumdrops.I do the wash cloth thing in the tub..I try to feed slowly. I burp him often. I think the issue might be tho that he can't poop. I'm gunna try some pear juice.
  • Options
    Have you tried gripe water? It seems to be clearing out my LO and he sleeps much better
  • Options
    I agree with PP that this is sounding like something to call the ped about - maybe for reassurance, maybe for help.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Options
    We had the same problem. We started with the gas drops, burping in different positions per feeding, no diary/beans/certain veggies for me. Plus we have a vibrating chair that is guaranteed to make my LO poop. Seriously, everytime within 2 minutes. I think the vibrations help him to relax and gets it out. That may help.
  • Options
    Don't worry about him not pooping, Unless it's hard! My DS goes at least 3 days between pooping and his pedi said it is very normal! My son sounded a lot like yours and he was diagnosed with GERD and has been a lot better since being on meds! I also do the soothe drops, they are a probiotic and my son's pedi recommended them. They are expensive though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"