December 2012 Moms
Options

Any moms have dec babies that aren't walking yet?

Any moms have dec babies that aren't walking yet? I probably shouldn't be worried! But my son was walking at 12 months and I assumed the second child would do things more quickly... I know every child does things in their own time! Just wondering

Answers

• Options
    No way - he cruises and can stand alone for a few seconds. He just started to be able to walk with a walking toy. That's about it. He had his 12 month checkup yesterday and our doctor said that was totally normal. Lots of babies don't walk until well after a year.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD just turned 1 on the 26th, but she's not walking either.  Cruising and standing alone very briefly, but not walking.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will be 13 months on Jan 2nd, and she'll only walk 5-10 steps by herself.  I've seen her walk across the room ONE time, about 2 weeks ago, and then she was like "forget this!"  She is a super fast crawler, I figure she'll get up when she feels like it :)
  • Options
    Last night LO just did her first 3 independent steps. They were tiny, but she shifted her weight from one leg, to the other, & back, all to get her sock that was on her dad's head. She was also tired from a full day, so that contributed to her adventuressness. Figure she'll continue to crawl, walk/run with asistance & continue to practice more as well. She's got pleanty of time.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My dd is not walking yet either she just cruises

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not walking here yet either. DS was walking at 10mo and I think she is getting close. We'll see what happens when she gets this clunky cast off.

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    DS turned one on the 1st and he's not walking yet either.  He just for the first time stood by himself for a couple seconds this week.  I think he's getting the hang of walking behind a push toy, but we'll see

• Options
    Nope. Dd has no interest.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    my baby isn't walking either. 
  • Options
    Nope , not here either and Rory is 13 months today. But I don't think it's a matter of can't as much as a matter of that he just doesn't want to do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope!  My DD#2 isn't either - she can stand for a little bit independently, and if I say "walk to mama" she makes this huge effort and moves one foot before falling forward into my arms.  I think it is adorable, and I am in no rush for her to walk!!  DD#1 walked at 13+ months, and DS was about 15.5 months.   She will get there!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD turned 1 a month ago and had only taken 2-3 steps once or twice. Well, my train is late today so I will get home after she's in bed, and DH just texted and said she's walking up a storm. Wah-wah.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"