Babies on the Brain
Options

what to do....

So my DH's friends have come out to visit.  They called up Christmas night and made a big deal about how they wanted to come visit us and would like to take us out for dinner the next day.  Well, dinner time came and went and they didn't even have the consideration to call to cancel. We still have not heard from them pertaining to the dinner they blew off last night.  However, I did get a text inviting us to a family party for everyone to meet the baby who hasn't had a chance yet. I'm actually irritated with my DH's friends because I think it is so rude to blow people off.  I would have been fine if they had shown the courtesy of sending a text to cancel or simply let us know there was a change of plans. I totally understand that things come up, babies get cranky, people get tired... that is fine. Well now I am debating what to do, because I know people are planning on bringing the baby presents and food to the party. I'm so irritated I do not even want to go to the party, but I know it is important to DH that we attend.  (He's annoyed they were rude, but he says they have always been like that so roll with it...)  Is it alright if I just buy a little stuffed toy and a card?  Should I be feeling this annoyed?  I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones that have me so moody or what my issue actually is... sorry to vent!

Re: what to do....

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    If DH thinks it's important to go, he can get a gift and go himself.

I would feel no obligation to put myself out for someone who didn't show up, call or apologize when we had plans.

Yep. Of course they're "always like that", no one has ever called them on their BS. I'd mention that you set aside time to see them the other night, and you're sorry that you have plans already for the time of the party-even if those plans involve curling up in front of the TV.
  • Options
    I have had two friends who would either make plans and not cancel/not show up or show up like an hour or more late. That happened twice with each and never again because I never made plans with them ever again.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a friend who did that to me last year. DH was deployed at the time so I really enjoyed the opportunity to hang out with friends. But she kept making plans then ditching me, usually last minute. One time I was walking out the door to pick her up.
    So anyways, I stopped making plans with her and now I never stress about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"