Preemies
Options

25 weeker

My water broke due to pprom at 24.5 weeks. I delivered my baby boy at 25.2 weeks. It hasn't been that long in the nicu and so far so good but I know I have a long road ahead of me. Any mothers out there can share there similar stories with me?

Re: 25 weeker

• Options
    Welcome and congratulations!! How big is your baby? I'd love to see a picture!

I delivered my baby girl at 29.6 due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome on 8-3-13 weighing 2lb 3oz. We had a 66 day NICU stay and we've been home almost three months. She came home on o2 and she's still on it, but down to 1/8th liter.

The NICU is a totally new, scary and anxiety provoking environment, but in our experience, everyone we came across was absolutely amazing and helpful and kind; it made it a little less shitty. It's a long, emotional, bumpy road, but it's all worth it in the end when you can finally bring him home. The one step forward, two back was the hardest for me, but my husband and family and friends were such strong supports for me, made it doable.

Hope all is going well so far she hope to hear updates! Take care!
  • Options
    My baby was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1 lb 14 oz. She is now 37 weeks, weighs a little over 5lbs and should be coming home any day now! This has been one hell of a roller coaster ride but there have been more good days than bad. Stay positive and be strong. He's a little miracle :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy. So spey he had to come so early and spend time in the NICU, but happy to hear it sounds like he is doing well.

I've had 2 preemies. My 10yo daughter was born @ 29 weeks due to full on eclampsia. She weighed 1lb 13oz and had a 5.5 wk stay in the NICU. On 11/1, my son was born @ 31 weeks due to pre-e. He weighed 3lbs 7oz and had a 3 wk stay in the NICU.

The NICU is no fun. Just remember that it's not forever. :)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    So sorry you had to have him so early and I hope your nicu stay isn't too long! (Even though it'll feel long anyways)
    I had my son on 10/29 at 27 weeks weighing 2 pounds 3 ounces. He's now 36 weeks and 5 pounds 2 ounces. It was hard watching him fight and not being able to help but it made me a stronger parent and makes me appreciate him more.
    My only advice is that it gets better. Every milestone is a huge victory and you deserve to celebrate it as such, it makes it better. Everytime my son gains a pound I bake cookies. Good luck and I hope all goes well, be strong mama :)
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited December 2013
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! My DD was born at 29 weeks exactly due to pre-e/HELLP. She was just barely over 2 pounds, and had a 67 day NICU stay. Happily, she does not seem to have any adverse effects due to her prematurity. She is now 18 months old (actual). 

The journey will be long (or at least it will feel that way!) but your son is in good hands. FX that you have an uneventful stay that is as short as possible!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had pProm at 24 weeks and delivered at 27 weeks. The road in the NICU wasn't an easy one but almost everyday you will notice improvements. Hang in there and be patient, ask a lot of questions. No question is stupid and follow your intuition. In my NICU, the nurses really listened if I suggested that something was off and would bring in the team, if it was necessary. Good luck and I hope you get to go home soon!
  • Options
    My water broke at 25.2 and we delivered the same day. Our little man is now on day 50 in the NICU. The road is long and filled with many ups & downs. My best advice: be prepared for many downs. Our nurse said "He's a 25 weeker, we'd be worried if it was always smooth sailing".

Happy to chat if you want. Msg me.

Good luck!
  • Options
    March 2012 I had quadruplets at 25 weeks. December 2013 they are doing amazing and are starting their terrible twos a little early :-) My babies weighed between 1.5lbs-1.15lbs. They spent 121-137 days in the NICU. We had three PDA surgeries, two brain bleeds (grade 1 & 3), ROP surgery, silent aspiration on all babies, three babies came home on ng tubes, one baby has a gtube because his vocal chord was nicked during the pda surgery and he was aspirating big time. The kids are delayed in speech which is very typical with preemies but other than that they are doing great! The NICU can get scary very quickly, the best thing to do is take things one day at a time and celebrate every oz gained!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby! Best wishes for an easy NICU stay.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on your baby. My LO was born at 30w due to unknown reasons. Spontaneous PPROM is official diagnosis. Keep positive for your LO. I truley believe they can feel love and energy. Senind happy and healthy prayers to you and your family.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby. I know right now you may not be feeling congratulatory, but that will come. I had DD at 23w6d. She was in the hospital for 16 weeks and was a "textbook" preemie. She had most of the typical preemie issues, including 3 surgeries. She's now 6 1/2 years old. The NICU can be a scary place, not only because of the unknown but because sometimes it feels like the nurses' and doctors' "turf." It's still your baby, so one thing that really helps is to make sure you're there when doctors do rounds and do your best to always ask how things are going, what does X mean, etc. Try to stay as informed about your LO's progress as possible. STAY OFF GOOGLE! Do not research what could happen, because there's no way to tell what will happen with your child and all you will do is frighten yourself and worry. That's not what your baby needs right now. Some things are common and expected: infections, blood transfusions, and lots of tests. These are normal and expected. Hang in there, you'll be okay.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"