Breastfeeding
Options

Weight Watchers

Has anyone done weight watchers while EBFing? DD is now 15 weeks old and I need to get some weight off for health reasons (we want to start TTC this summer so I want to be at a healthier weight by then). I signed up for it, but am waiting until I start back to work next week to actually start. Had anyone done this and had supply issues? I'm terrified of messing up my supply, but they do give a lot of extra points for nursing moms.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Watchers

• Options
    I'm doing it now and my LO is nearly 3 mo. I was a little hesitant to try it this early. Last time I didn't start until DS1 was 8 mo and eating some solids. But things seem to be going really well. Minus the holiday slip-ups (cookies, wine... Yum!), I've lost 5 lbs in a few weeks. WW is great bc they give plenty of extra points like you said and the rate of weight loss is very reasonable. I noticed that I felt more satisfied than I thought I would. I realized by drinking a lot more water and eating more fruits that I had been mistaking thirst for hunger at times. Just be smart about it. Stay hydrated, eat all of your allotted points, and if you notice anything negative with your supply, reassess. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    WW is working for me so far. Make sure you indicate that you're BFing, since that will give you the appropriate amt of points to make up for the extra calories you need.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. How can I tell if my supply has dropped? I go through times every couple if weeks that I think my supply has dropped, but it never actually did.
  • Options
    casey78 said:

I did WW religiously and lost .25 lbs over a period of 5 weeks. The points were plenty, and I usually only used a few of my weekly/reserve points. I've lost more since going off than I did on. I think my body is just fighting me.

I've found that I lose more the weeks that I use most of my weeklies vs the weeks that I just use my dailies. But I agree, I think our bodies always have a different plan than our own.

• Options
    You might want to spend a week eating like you normally do, and counting the points you consumed. Then slowly cut back on points until you get to the amount you are supposed to have according to your plan, so your body slowly gets accustomed to fewer calories.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advise everyone. I think I will slowly work down to the recommended amount of points. I will make sure to eat every point that I'm allowed to.
  • Options
    Their new points system actually calculated more calories for you if you mark that you are breast feeding. I have been on it for a month and as long as I eat all of my points I have no supply problems.
  • Options
    AsivecAsivec member
    edited January 2014
    Edit- wrong place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"