High-Risk Pregnancy

Braxton hicks already?

I'm almost 25 weeks and started getting what I think are Braxton hicks. With my DD I didn't get them until after 34 weeks. Is it odd to be getting them this early? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Re: Braxton hicks already?

• I got them with my 3rd at 27 weeks. I got them with my 4th at 23ish weeks. It wasn't until 30/32 weeks that they started to do anything. Talk to your doctor if you're concerned. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I started getting them at 17/18 weeks. I'm 23 now. I get alot at work 10 plus. I'll be chatting with my MFM about this I've already been told I would be pulled by my ob because of my history :(
    But ditto call your dr
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Loading the player...
  • I started having bh contractions around 18 weeks. The MFM found that my internal cervix had opened and the membranes were funneling to the cerclage. My obgyn prescribed terbutaline as needed, I was put on bedrest (mostly because of my cervical issues, but resting sometimes helps alleviate bh), and I increased my water intake to about 3-4lt a day. All of these things seemed to help but I do still have an occasional contraction especially if my bladder is full. So while there are some things you could do to help you should probably bring it up with your dr just to be on the safe side. GL and best wishes.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Id talk to your doctor, but it's normal for STMs to feel BH earlier.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I started getting them at 16 weeks. I never felt them b4 with my other children but with this one I have. The doc said its normal n with every pregnancy you feel more
  • I just posted this today on the May14 board! I started getting them this week. With DS, I noticed them at 21-22w, and he came 7.5 weeks early. Needless to say, I'm a little concerned, but I will be talking to my MFM at my appt. tomorrow. I got several responses that others are also starting to notice them, so it helped me feel better.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"