Multiples

triplet moms please :-)

I a'm 18 weeks with boys. not very big, but I started at a zero and was really not noticeably pregnant with my daughter until 6 months. She was born at 37 weeks so not really much time to look pregnant. In the past week, I have found it more difficult 2 lift her as she is 25 pounds And14 months oldand be comfortable doing other things such as bending down with the laundry and going up and down stairs all the time.have found even sitting while I'm working from home is not the same as being down with pressure offeverything.I hear it is very common 4 the baby a 2 be hitting some nerve down there. Anyone have any restrictions as of 18 weeks?

Re: triplet moms please :-)

• Everyone is different but seeing as you didn't go full-term with your first and sounds like you are off slightly from work - I would be very very careful with lifting and sitting (lots of pressure on your cervix). I was ok at my 18 u/s and than it changed very rapidly by my 19 - so much so that I went from having a great cervix to being funneled and dilated and put on strict bedrest by the next next appointment. Looking back, I did WAY too much that week before - lifting, bending, stooping and sitting. I was getting ready for being off from work and for a friend who was visiting. My best advice is to lift as little as possible, sit as little as possible and stay hydrated. GL and wishing you a fanatically long pregnancy. Triplets are fun
  • Hi, I am 19 weeks and "only" pregnant with twins, but understand what you are saying about being uncomfortable/things being more difficult this early on. I have an 18 mo old that I'm lifting. I was having a ton of pain in my side, especially when standing and sitting. Just got one of those belly support braces yesterday and it has made a huge difference. Maybe it would help you too. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"