Adoption
Options

Looking Forward in 2014

The holidays can be a tough time for everyone in the triad so I'd like this post to focus on us as individuals.

What is (1) one non-adoption related thing you are looking forward to in 2014?
TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Looking Forward in 2014

• Options
    Hopefully a new job for DH
  • Options
    Trying to get a new job.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure every major appliance has broken now, so I'm looking forward to a year of enjoying new, working appliances, and not paying out the nose for a new one every couple of months:)
  • Options
    Oh drat, I forgot about the dishwasher. Hang in there, little guy!
  • Options
    Hopefully a new home!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing my mom and sister on January 1! And enjoying a night on the Vegas strip on the 2nd. We have nothing else planned for 2014, besides meeting an e-mom on the 7th, but that's adoption-related. ;)
  • Options
    Hopefully getting a new, better, "grown up" job and if that happens early enough, buying an adorable teeny tiny starter home. If that doesn't work out, going back to school for some medical license. Not sure yet if it will be RN, RN to NP, or maybe even Chiropractic school. Stupid useless degree that I love so much. But either way, big things will be happening!

Also, getting super fit ;-)
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Options
    Getting a fence for the house - hello garden and homegrown veggies and herbs!
  • Options
    my new rehab skunk litter for spring 2014, and a jake shimibukuro concert in march :) 

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We are working on updating our house so I cannot wait to rip out all of the carpet from the bathrooms and kitchen (who ever thought that was a good idea??) and paint the rest of the rooms in our house.  

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options

We are working on updating our house so I cannot wait to rip out all of the carpet from the bathrooms and kitchen (who ever thought that was a good idea??) and paint the rest of the rooms in our house.  
    My Grandmother-in-law has carpet in her bathroom.... I can't imagine thats a good idea for mold/mildew. We renovated our home for about 8 months (total gut and redo) when we bought it. Its hard work but its such a great feeling of accomplishment!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    One of the houses we lived in growing up had carpet in the master bathroom. As a 3 yr old, I painted that carpet with make-up. I mean completely covered the floor. You know, just to help them out in knowing it was a flaw in the house's design;)
  • Options
    @pinkie78 oh sorry, im so used to posting on 3t, thats my home base,-- im a wildlife rehabber for the state of ohio. basically a place where i work takes in orphan and injured wildlife, (thats native to ohio) and in the spring we get super overloaded with baby animals, and those of us who have a permit, are allowed to raise a animal/animals of their choice until they are at the right age/have learned all they need to for re-release. this year i had skunks, this next year ill have skunks. maybe raccoons. havent decided yet. lol 

@hey_its_jenn oh my word, we just bought a 60's disco-y type ranch, and its a total gut job, orange shag, wood paneling, the works! we have carpet in this kitchen as well, the same type that was in our 1948 ranch, just a diff color. MUST have been ALL the rage. . 

• Options
    I had no idea so many other people have dealt with the ridiculous carpet in kitchens and bathrooms.  I don't know who picked out this carpet, but all of the rooms are awful.  Our guest room is ocean blue and our bedroom is what we have come to call "Whore-Red".  It's so awful.  And our guest bathroom - everything is blue.  Blue tub. Blue toilet.  Blue counter tops. Blue tile EVERYWHERE.  SO AWFUL but that one will have to wait awhile. 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options
    My grandmother in law has a blue bathroom and a pink bathroom in her house- carpet, walls, tile, tub, toilet, everything is colored- its crazy!! She loves it, apparently it was a very chic thing at one point.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    leaving my not good job and sorting out what's next....
  • Options
    thanks. @pinkie78 lots of people are either 50/50 they think its cool, or they are like EWW skunks lol 

• Options
    @dimples12 i thought that first said, "planning a murder" lol DUn DUNN dunnn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"