Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Most insensitive comment you've heard...

2»

Re: Most insensitive comment you've heard...

• Options
    The worst two I have heard are:

"The good news is you can get pregnant."  Um, yes, I can.  but that doesn't do me any good if I can't STAY pregnant.

and

"God has a plan."  That's awesome but right now I can't really figure out what that plan could possibly be.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit My Twin Life 
  • Options
    I do realize, however, that everyone is different and people don't say things to be hurtful.  What might help one person may hurt another.  I would just rather hear "sorry for your loss" than some kind of attempt at insight into the situation.
    This exactly!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    francisc said:
    I do realize, however, that everyone is different and people don't say things to be hurtful.  What might help one person may hurt another.  I would just rather hear "sorry for your loss" than some kind of attempt at insight into the situation.
    This exactly!!!!!
    YES!
  • Options
    I HATE the comment "at least you know you can get pregnant"... it's so meaningless. Recently after my third m\c my mom said "this is just so strange, I've never heard of this happening to someone before." I know she meant well but considering my older sister is in her third healthy pregnancy it just made me feel like I was a freak. I've also had some pretty insensitive doctor's too. During my second m/c right after the doctor told me there was no heartbeat and I was sobbing.. she proceeded to say "Well I've got to go deliver a baby so another doctor will be helping you"... never went back to that practice again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"