Two Under 2
Options

My kids wake each other up

My kids are 19 months apart. DD turned 2 in September and DS just turned 8 months. DD was doing great with STTN while DS was a newborn and waking up for multiple feedings. We moved DS to his nursery (which is right next to her room). After a month of being in his room he started going through a sleep regression and began waking up 3-4 times a night. He is still waking up 3-4 times a night. DD now wakes up when she hears him crying. While I feed DS and get him back to sleep and in bed my husband calms our DD down but when we put her back to bed she starts crying that she wants us to hold her and then DS wakes back up. It is an AWFUL cycle. Most nights we end up letting DD climb into bed with us. We just keep telling ourselves that we need sleep and we take it whenever and however we can get it.  Anyone else been in this situation or going through it now?

Re: My kids wake each other up

• Options
    We aren't dealing with that but I sure hope it gets better for you!

Our older two are sharing a room and the newest addition will go into the same bedroom probably after he's a year or so.  It has worked out so much better than I could have imagined.  I think I remember that when our 2nd came along our DD also went through that some but my DH went in and sat with her to hold her while I nursed anyhow.  He'd get her back to sleep and come back to bed.  Usually the baby didn't cry much since he was beside my bed.  He'd start and I'd be right on it. 

Oh, does your DD use a sound machine?  I put a sound machine in there and that helped.  Mostly I did that so I could get downstairs for coffee without her joining me in the morning. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My kids are 22 months and 5 months and share a room. So far DD does really well going back to sleep if DS wakes her up, and he has just gotten down to waking 1-2 times per night. What I have done to avoid disrupting DD's sleep is to leave the pack-n-play set up in our room. If DS is waking too often I put him back down in there. He also takes his afternoon nap that is during DD's nap in there because he doesn't sleep as long as she does and she really needs her nap to be uninterrupted since it is her only one. I use a sound machine in their room and DD also has a gloworm that she sleeps with and turns on if she wakes up to help herself go back to sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we may try a sound machine for both of them. My DD has started night terrors and it is so hard to get her to go back to sleep in her own bed. I am not sure if a sound machine will work but it is worth a try. Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    If my oldest cries, it wakes DS up, but I think she is so used to him crying (he was a pretty fussy NB), she sleeps through him screaming. 
    Definitely try a noise machine. But also don't be afraid to keep bringing her in your bed. I'm with you on taking sleep however you can get it---then everyone is happy. And what I've found with DD is that in her 2.5 yrs of life, she has gone through phases of sleeping with us. So remember this is just a phase and it will pass! :) 
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"