January 2013 Moms
Options

Straw cup... Help

My LO sucks the purées out of food pouches so I figured it was time to try a straw cup. Well she's not into it and i don't know if it's the cup or not, but it doesn't seem very easy to get the water to come out through the straw. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get her to use the straw cup? Which cup do you like or which straw cup did you start with?

Re: Straw cup... Help

• Options
    2013mommy said:
    We use the Playtex Lil Grippers. I sometimes screw the lid too tightly and it stops DS from being able to suck anything out which could be your issue. Also, I like it because it allows you to push on the cup to bring liquid into the straw which helps teach them how to use it. I first few times I helped push the liquid up for him and he understood it pretty quickly. GL!
    Same - we struggled with other cups, this one was the winner!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2013mommy said:

We use the Playtex Lil Grippers. I sometimes screw the lid too tightly and it stops DS from being able to suck anything out which could be your issue. Also, I like it because it allows you to push on the cup to bring liquid into the straw which helps teach them how to use it. I first few times I helped push the liquid up for him and he understood it pretty quickly. GL!

This may be a dumb question but what do you mean you can push on the cup to bring liquid into the straw? We have these and it's a pretty hard plastic so it can't be squeezed or anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I have the bigger one. Not the trainer cup. Ugh. I'll try the trainer. Thanks!!
  • Options
    I have tried every straw cup and have settled on the Zoli as my favorite, with the Playtex gripper coming in second. What I love about the Zoli is the weighted straw. Liquid comes out easily, and because it's weighted, she can get every drop of liquid out. It's not perfect because the straw tends to leak, but as far as drinking from it, I like it best.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • Options
    DD loves using my CamelBak water bottle more than anything else.
  • Options
    I love out Zoli cup. It is a little more, but I love the weighted straw and haven't had any problems with leaking since she spends half the time banging it on the table. She also isn't great with a straw yet, but can drink out of it just fine.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    With DD1, we started with the Playtex trainers.  She did really well with those.  I then transitioned her to the regular Playtex straw cups.  I started having issues with them leaking all over, so I bought the Tommee Tippee ones.  That is what we have been using for almost 2 years now.  They are a pain to wash, as there are several parts, but she does really well with them.

DD2 saw her big sister drinking from a straw cup, so she wanted to too.  She immediately started drinking from the regular Playtex straw cups.  She doesn't like the trainers.  I haven't given her any WCM yet, but I am hoping that it is an easy transition... but we'll see!

I am very curious about the Zoli cup that others have mentioned.  I love that the straw is weighted!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD started with a Playtex cup that had handles and you could squeeze the bottom to make water come up through the straw. She's drinking out of a bigger Playtex straw cup now, not sure what kind exactly. It has Monsters Inc on it and doesn't leak at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"