July 2012 Moms
Options

Totally pissed

We planned to do Christmas with my family on New Year's Day because it's the only day that works with everyone's schedule. DH came home tonight and told me that the VP of the company says all employees must work open to close every day from now until next Thursday, which is obviously a dramatic change from the original schedule. They made him sign something acknowledging that he understood he would be fired if he didn't come in.

So not only will DH not see the kids 6 days a week and leave me with no help (and only part of the day on Sundays), but our Christmas on New Year's Day has to be cancelled. Oh, and did I mention there's no extra money involved unless he sells something? And then it's just regular commission.

Thanks a lot, VP. Merry Christmas to you too.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Totally pissed

• Options
    That's bs I'm so sorry! I hate that.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is horrible!! What kind of work does your H do? And they get no overtime for that much work? Isn't that illegal?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What! That's BS! I'm sorry. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zyas said:

That is horrible!! What kind of work does your H do? And they get no overtime for that much work? Isn't that illegal?

He's in car sales, so he gets a flat monthly salary of $800, plus commission. Since it's commission based, he doesn't get overtime at all, which is legal. :(
    DH is on the computer now looking for new jobs. He already had a lead, so he called and left a message about it. Hopefully he will find something quickly, but until then he's stuck at the dealership.

• Options
    Trixi282 said:

Even in car sales that seems a bit extreme. Especially on a holiday. I know this time of year is a crazy time for car sales, but to mandate that schedule with NYD in there really sucks. Most dealerships I know are closed NYD, so that extra sucks.

Every other dealership in our area will be closed. Not sure who they think is going to wake up NYD when everything else is closed and decide to go buy a car. They aren't even closing early.

• Options
    wheelerc said:

eafogel said:

Trixi282 said:

Even in car sales that seems a bit extreme. Especially on a holiday. I know this time of year is a crazy time for car sales, but to mandate that schedule with NYD in there really sucks. Most dealerships I know are closed NYD, so that extra sucks.

Every other dealership in our area will be closed. Not sure who they think is going to wake up NYD when everything else is closed and decide to go buy a car. They aren't even closing early.
    Yeah, that's so weird. It's like he mandated it because he could. In not sure who wakes up and says, "yeah! It's a new year. Let's go by us a new car!" Not me for one.
    Actually it's the biggest week of the year for sales. I worked at carmax in college and it was insane! Like selling 4 cars a day when you typically sell 4-6 in a month as a part timer. Some of the full time people sold like 15 cats in a week.

I still think it sucks that they did this and I'm sorry. Selling cars stinks!
    We had heard that this is a big week for car sales, but I guess I thought it was the days leading up to the first of the year as opposed to NYD itself.

I think my anger really stems from the sudden schedule change, the fact that this isn't the first time they've screwed him over, and the knowledge that he has to be exhausted and on the road coming home with the drunks on NYE. Originally they were getting off early that day.

• Options
    That sucks! His company sounds like it is run by a bunch of assholes. Is there any way he could come and spend time with the family that day on his lunch break? I know it is only an hour but at least he would get to see the kids.
  • Options
    david worked 12 hr days from black friday until christmas. came home when lilah was going to bed. Lilah dosent say Daddy anymore.

• Options
    KarmB said:

david worked 12 hr days from black friday until christmas. came home when lilah was going to bed. Lilah dosent say Daddy anymore.

Oh @KarmB, I'm so sorry hun. I can't imagine. Your last sentence breaks my heart. Is he back on a regular schedule now? I wish I could give you a hug IRL.

• Options
    eafogel said:
    Oh @KarmB, I'm so sorry hun. I can't imagine. Your last sentence breaks my heart. Is he back on a regular schedule now? I wish I could give you a hug IRL.
    thankfully yea. he just started again yesterday. She was calling him Mommy yesterday. it got so bad she'd knock on the front door saying "whered you go??" :( So hopefully we can get back into the swing of things. She loves him so much but he think she hates him because im with her 24/7 so she runs to me first now.

• Options
    KarmB said:

eafogel said:

KarmB said:

thankfully yea. he just started again yesterday. She was calling him Mommy yesterday. it got so bad she'd knock on the front door saying "whered you go??" :( So hopefully we can get back into the swing of things. She loves him so much but he think she hates him because im with her 24/7 so she runs to me first now.

We're experiencing a little of that here. My husband works a lot, so Em always wants me, but she cries if he tries to leave the room. If he's not home, she wanders around the house calling "daddy?" If I tell her that he's not home, she'll sit in the floor, bury her face in her hands, and just sob. I got her a baby photo album and loaded it with pictures of him, so now she looks through it and hugs/kisses his photo. It seems to help keep those sobbing fits to a minimum.

I hope things get back to normal for Lilah soon. I know it's heartbreaking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"