2nd Trimester

Clogged ears...help!

My ears have been clogged for the last 3 weeks. I don't have a fever or ear aches so I ruled out an ear infection. My DH told me try pinching my nose and blowing and that would help...but it's still clogged. It sounds like I have an owl in my ear making noise. No one else that I know who has kids ever experienced this! Has anyone ever suffered with clogged ears during pregnancy and do you have a solution?

Re: Clogged ears...help!

• Thank you! I'll have to try blowing harder
  • Agree with PP that the nasal passage has something to do with it. My doctor recommended saline nasal spray to help clear it up. I didn't think that would help for my ears but it did. Humidifier will also help.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's not fun, but get one of those saline rinse bottles (we have the NeilMed brand). You rinse your sinuses with saline and it helps clear everything out. (Do NOT hold one side of your nose to blow the other when using this....just stand over the sink and blow - or do it in the shower). That, plus the humidifier help a ton. 

If it doesn't work on the first try, use it twice a day. It should help soon!
  • When all else fails....see an ear doctor. My dad dealt with this a few months ago and had a massive clog in his ear. Doctor sucked the hard wax right out.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Try ear candles to extract the junk! They are amazing I use them every 3 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had/have this. Went to the doctor and found out it was built up ear wax.  (Another fun preggo symptom!)  He recommended using mineral oil in my ear 1-2 times a day.  Works like a charm!  Now anytime my ears start to feel stuffy I use the oil, and it goes away before it gets bad.  Be cautious when using ear candles, I read several articles online that said they are bad...
  • You can typically get them at any health food store or online (Amazon https://www.amazon.com/White-Egret-Beeswax-Candles-Count/dp/B0006IIEY0 ). Totally works for cleaning the ear completely. It works like a chimney and sucks out the wax while slightly warm it so you can get it all. If it does not work it might be an inner ear infection and this will not work for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eliminate or reduce any foods that may make congestion worse. For me this can be things like dairy but make sure you get the vitamins you need elsewhere if you cut out foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"