November 2013 Moms

God parents

Are you picking god parents for your LO? I really don't know if I want to. DS1s godparents have basically dropped out of our lives. First it was his godfather, once he had his own son, we never got together anymore. I would try and try and try. Either I would get ignored or there would be some excuse. We even ended up kicking him out of our wedding. He was one of my husbands best friends.
Now all of a sudden his godmother stopped coming around. It's been 9 months since we've seen or heard from her. She's been my best friend for 17 years. I'm so hurt that we picked two special people to be in out sons life forever and it just didn't mean as much to them as it did us.
Would you recommend picking family members over friends this time around? I just don't know what I want to do. Ugh.

Re: God parents

• When you say "God parents" you mean people to instruct God in your child's life or someone to take care of your children IF something were to happen to you and DH?

We're the latter and it's been unspoken but if anything were to happen to us, my in laws would care for M.
    BLAD reppin'

• We do not have godparents but we do have guardians assigned should something happen to us. It is dh's best friend and his wife. They are closer to us then any of our family except for my sister and she pretty much told me she didn't want to be the guardian.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have two sets of religious godparents and will have legal guardians (a separate couple) established in a will very soon.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Yes, we'll be having godparents.

DS1's godparents are still very much a part of his life, but they're purely there in the capacity of religious instruction -- the legal guardians are different people.
    photo bannernew_zpsfb1f0d0b.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have picked my older sister and get husband to be both LOs godparents as well as legal guardian if something were to happen to DH and myself, they arnt going anywhere and love him ALMOST as much as we do!
  • We picked close friends to be LOs spiritual and legal godparents. Our families were out of the question for various reasons and they seemed like the most logical choice.

• We picked godparents out but had a very had time bc we wanted someone who would be around and religious in some way. My sister is the god mom and a mutual friend is the god father. We think they are both examples of faith we would like LO to live.
    As did gaurdians we have no real idea who would take him.

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe you should go with family this time around then since both of the friends have let you down. For my DD, I was going to select a family member as god mother. We havent settled on who for the godfather yet.

BabyGaga

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"