Trouble TTC
Options

Yoga during 2ww

I wanted to get back into my light yoga routine, but then realized that I don't know what's ok to do during the 2ww. So, to my fellow yogis out there, what are some safe poses and/or flows I can do without putting stress on my ute? I found a lot of info on prenatal yoga, but I was unsure if it was safe for those of us who are maybe/maybe not preggo.
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: Yoga during 2ww

• Options

I would ask your RE if he/she has any workout restrictions during your TWW.  It seems to vary greatly amongst people and RE's.  It seems that personal situations, diagnosis, and treatments tend to factor into what you can and can't do. 

My RE has given me no restrictions and in fact wants me to keep doing at least 120 - 180 minutes a week of high intensity cardio.  But that is partly because of my IR PCOS dx.  Others have been told no workouts at all during the TWW.  I would ask your RE what they suggest for you. 

Good luck. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I do heated yoga, and was curious about this as well.  One of the instructors at the studio is 5 months along and she still practices and teaches.  I plan on asking my RE.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My acupuncturist just put me in touch with a yoga place that specializes in infertility yoga... i plan to ask my RE about it.  But while I am here... does anyone know if massages are ok during the 2ww?  DH and I are going away for a few days and plan to get couples massages... just curious.  Thanks!
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• Options
    ***BFP/MC Mentioned***

I do yoga regularly and when I got my short-lived BFP in March, I talked to my instructor about continuing yoga.  She recommended absolutely no heated yoga and limiting the twisting during the first tri, then giving it up by 20 weeks.  This woman has been practicing forever and is super in-tune with the science/physiology behind yoga, plus she's had a kid, so I trust her.  I'm assuming the no heated yoga/limited twisting recommendations would be true for the 2WW since you're essentially supposed to do everything else like you're pregnant - no drinks, sushi, intense cardiovascular exercise etc. (according to my sometimes-overly-conservative RE).  When I'm on meds, my body is so warm that heated yoga would be too much for me anyway and I'm so bloated that twisting isn't comfortable, so I don't do those things during the 2WW anyway.

As for massages, when we first started trying I got one for a strained neck.  The masseuse asked if I was pregnant and when I said I was in the 2WW, she said there was a spot between my shoulder and neck that needed to be avoided since activating that spot can bring on menstruation.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Options
    Ahh @ejrobbi couple massages sound amazing. I can't imagine a massage would be bad for a 2ww... but you could always do the untraditional massages like foot massage, or hot stone, or temple. I would think a massage would have a great effect for the 2ww bc it would relax you. But I'm not an RE, MD, OR RN. So idk. But it can't hurt to ask. 8->

DH= burn vic, abn sa MFI|| ME= PCOS, Sarcoidosis, Hypohyroidism HSG-OK
    tried naturally 2011 & 2012-
    TTC with nurse practitioner 2013
    2 clomid cycles- both bfn, started seeing RE 2013 
    FEBUARY PLAN-HSG|| March Game plan-FEMARA IUI+TRIGGER 
    MARCH-BFP (beta1;104-beta2;302)-bc of hsg
    [[all welcome !!!!!!!!!!!! ]]
  • Options
     Love4Science - That info is helpful, and makes sense, thank you!

There is an intro level class at my studio that uses almost no heat, and is low-intensity.  I think I'll stick to that class only during 2WW (whenever that finally is!) and limit the twisting.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"