Pregnant after IF

Pregnancy depression...

So I was wondering if there were any other ladies going through this.

I looked up the signs and I'm pretty sure I have it. Don't get me wrong I love my baby but I can't handle my emotions. I cry all the time. I live away from family and I feel so alone when DH is at work. I left Christmas at my BIL's early because I just started crying. I'm going to see a therapist so hopefully that helps. I just can't eat, I can't sleep. I see happy pregnant woman all the time and I just don't get why I'm in such a rut. My life is amazing, I should be happy. I just can't stop crying. Sorry for rambling. I just don't know who to talk to that would understand. People seem to laugh it off like oh your just pregnant. Anyways thanks for reading my ramble.

Re: Pregnancy depression...

• I have it and had it with my first pregnancy. I do have sever anxiety, but pregnancy brings on depression big time. I am on meds for anxiety, but my depression is not effectied by them. Depression is not something you can contriol, so do not be too hard on your self. Talk to a therapist and I hope you get the relieve you are looking for. It is hard, I know. Sending you hugs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I have moments where I feel pretty down in the dumps. I can imagine that these feelings are the after effects of dealing with IF. At least that's what I tell myself. We've been through so much to get to this point and our pregnancy is marked by feelings of fear and guilt. I always imagined that once I got pregnant, it would be flowers and rainbows and all that crap. It's the furthest thing from that. I look at other pregnant women and I too feel annoyed and saddened by them. The first time around I was on cloud 9 the whole time... I was one of those happy, naive women who thinks nothing could possibly go wrong.

The other day at DH's family Christmas party, my BIL's girlfriend said something innocent like, "I feel like I'm going to be the worst pregnant woman ever. I'll just eat everything I want and gain like 70 lbs." I don't know why but it really upset me and I ended up being really grumpy with her the rest of the night. Really? That's what you're worried about? Gaining a bunch of weight? How about the fear of not knowing if you'll ever be pregnant, and then once you do get pregnant, being afraid something will go wrong. I totally overreacted with DH and lost it in a separate room. I cried the rest of the night.

It's stuff like that that reminds me that the road to get here has been rough. I think that by acknowledging those feelings you are helping yourself come to terms with everything. Talk to your therapist to find ways to cope. And I'm sure there are many more like us who have felt or feel this way. Big hugs to you!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh. sorry you are going through this.  i am also.  i had depression/anxiety prior to TTC so i think its just exacerbated with the hormones!  counseling definitely will help and if you want the med route, there are safe ones!  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • jezebel57 said:
    counseling definitely will help and if you want the med route, there are safe ones!  
    This...I'm on Prozac and it was approved by my psychiatrist, RE, OB, PCP, and psychologist.  It's been around for a long time so they've had a lot of time to study its effects on pregnancy, and it's considered one of the safest psych meds to take while pregnant.

Therapy may do the trick for you; I'm glad you are going to see one.  But if not there are alternatives.  I hope you feel better soon!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're having a hard time sweets. It sounds like you've done some research and soul searching and realize what you're feeling may go a bit beyond normal pregnancy blues. Is there someone that you can talk to like a counselor your obgyn could recommend? I think it may be a good idea to get someone in place now that you can work on building a good relationship with. My worry would be PPD after birth. It'd be good to have a trusted person to be able to lean on when you need them.

We have been on very hard journeys to get where we are today. Remember, you are a warrior. You've been through hell and high water and at the end of the day you will have a cute little Nemo bundled up in your arms who loves you unconditionally. It's okay to hit rough patches along the way. (((hugs)))

• I’m so sorry you’re feeling this.  You’re not alone.  I’m in the same boat and it’s the main thing I am bringing up at my doctor’s appointment tomorrow.  I feel so overwhelmed by every little thing that I can’t cope anymore.  I am on the verge of tears constantly and when it’s just DH and I, I break down pretty much 100% of the time.  He’s leaving on the weekend for a business trip for 2 weeks (which is normal for us) and I’m having panic attacks over how I’m going to handle myself without his constant support (he works from home and I go home for 2.5-3 hour lunches these days just so he can give me hugs and prep me for the rest of my work day).  I can’t sleep more than a couple of hours each night and that is adding to it.  I’ve dealt with anxiety in the past and I’ve concluded it’s time I accept some help again.

((hugs)), I hope this gets better for us.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Beebee08 I feel exactly like that. When DH isn't home I like can't deal being away from him. I told my OB today and she wants me back in two weeks to make sure things are going ok so they might not make me wait so long between appointments anymore. It's not even the baby I'm scared about but me. I hope you can find some help and feel better too. ::hugs::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"