Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Was my miscarriage not normal? (Slightly graphic)

Hi there, I'm writing this because I'm worried my miscarriage was abnormal. Long story short,

I found out I was pregnant on Halloween, we had a healthy ultrasound with heartbeat at 6 weeks and two weeks later when we went back for our 8 week checkup, baby measured two days behind 7w5d, and didn't have a heartbeat anymore. We were heartbroken. That was two weeks ago exactly. That following Sunday, I started having a little bit of cramping and had a bit of brownish blood when I wiped. We went to the hospital and my HCG levels were already down to 4,000. I didn't have any more spotting and two days later HCG was down to 1,900. This last Saturday, (4 days ago) I started spotting again, this time consistently every time I wiped. Sometimes there would be a bit on the pad, but never a whole lot. I've been consistently crampy, but not unbearable. Just last night it started being a bit more red than brown, but still wasn't as much blood as I expected. Could've probably worn the same pad for 6-8 hours and been fine. There were also really small brown clots the last couple days.
so this morning, I woke up to use the restroom, and as soon as I sat down, I had this sensation of something falling out of me, and heard a plop. I looked, and saw two objects. One was almost perfectly round, and clear\grayish and the other looked like chewed bubble gum with some blood on it. Which one was my baby?

so, what I'm mostly wondering, I also have always had really light periods, but miscarrying at 7 weeks I feel like I didn't bleed nearly as much as normal. Could my uterus lining be bad? Too thin? Anyone else experience lighter bleeding than expected?

Also, anyone have any idea of what it was I was looking at?
thanks in advance, I'm just a little puzzled. I also am only bleeding lightly brown right now, and the tissue passing was about 5 hours ago now.

Re: Was my miscarriage not normal? (Slightly graphic)

• First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a horrible experience and I hope you have lots of people to support.

Now to answer your question, without seeing it I can't be sure, but with my first miscarriage, I had the same thing. I scooped them out of the toilet and showed them to my doctor because I was curious as to what I was looking at. She told me that the round blob was the amniotic sac and that my baby was in there. You could actually see it. The "bubble gum" looking thing was the start of the placenta. Had I, or you, carried to full term, it would have grown to be about 2 pounds, but everything starts small.

I hope this answered your question. Lots of prayers and bridal hugs are being sent your way.
  • I meant virtual hugs! :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking since the bubble gum looking bit looked nothing like a fetus. I'm just worried I'm not bleeding enough, that things aren't getting all out or something :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"