Adoption

Any adoptive parents in Texas?

Hi ladies,

My husband was diagnosed with a genetic condition that puts us at a higher risk for miscarriages a few weeks ago. Right now we plan to keep trying naturally, but my husband has also expressed interest in adoption. I figured it would be good to start looking into our options, so if things don't work out naturally, we can be prepared to move on to adoption. 

I was just wondering if there are any ladies from Texas, who can recommend an agency or share their experiences with foster adoption? We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. 

Thank you!
Trying to conceive #1 since May 2012: 
BFP #1 - 6/30/2012, diagnosed with blighted ovum on 8/14/2012 
BFP#2 - 7/9/2013, beta of 4, dx chemical pregnancy
BFP #3 - 8/16/2012, HB of 127, measuring 5w6d at 7 weeks, diagnosed with MMC on 10/3/2013
10/9/2013 - DH dx with balanced translocation (given 25% chance of a healthy natural pregnancy)
10/19/2013 - I was dx as alpha 1 carrier (not a fertility issue)
1/4/2014 - DH dx as alpha 1 carrier (25% chance of a child with alpha 1 antritrypsin deficiency)
4/15/2015 - BFP #4, 12/30/2015 Healthy Baby Boy <3
TTC #2

Re: Any adoptive parents in Texas?

• I'm not in that area, but good luck. It's overwhelming doing all that research, so I hope you find someone to help. 
  • I am in the DFW area and a prospective adoptive mama. I'll PM you about our agency!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in TX! But not very near D/FW. If you're up for a little less local, like Waco, I know of an outstanding adoption agency. We're in their IA program, so I don't know how their DIA is doing as far as frequency of placement and such, but they are so great. PM me if you want their info!
    [It may seem fishy, like I work for them or something. Totally don't, just love them!]
  • We are in LA but used an agency in DFW and loved them! PM me if you need more info. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are in Austin but using a social worker from DFW and our agency is in New Orleans!  We are doing international, though.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• I am just south of Houston. I think Buckners is in Dallas area.  Your best bet is to google the agencies, look at the sites and all they offer, make a list of the ones that appeal to you the most, find out when their info sessions are and then go to them. Take lots of notes and follow up with questions. After doing that, you'll know which one is best based on how you feel at the sessions and their responses and interaction to you. Our agency has become a part of our family. They are in every aspect of our business. If I did not feel comfortable with them, this would be a nightmare. Best wishes to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jalara48 said:
    @mrs.slick is in Texas, but she adopted internationally. She may be able to help you out a little anyway.
    Yep, I'm here in DFW also. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me :)
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"