Adoption
Options

generation cryo on MTV

Not exactly adoption related but has anyone seen this show yet? I can't help but watch every time its on ( kinda like teen mom). However, aspects of the show really bother me. If you haven't watched the show its told from the main viewpoint of a girl who wants to meet her sperm donor and along the way meets all her half siblings who also used his sperm.
Do you feel children concieved from donor sperm have a right to know the sperm donor? I feel like at some parts they are really violating his privacy. This isnt like adoption where the BM or BF ovbiously already know about the child when the child comes looking for a relationship.I feel like this guy is getting blind sighted. Anyone have any thoughts?
Also seeing Bree meet her half siblings and the families meeting really makes me think about the future and adoption. Will my children know their half siblings ( if they have any ) someday? Its definetly a lot go think about.

Re: generation cryo on MTV

• Options
    I have not seen the show but I have heard a lot about it.  Sperm Donor's have the choice when making their donation on whether they want to be able to be contacted once the child turns 18.  There is also an option of the child contacting the sperm bank and having them contact the donor that way and see if he is interested in knowing them.  
    My wife and I are currently pregnant using a known donor.  We did not want to go thru a sperm bank for many reasons, but one being multiple half siblings.  Using a known donor it is easier to track his offspring (ideally I guess since he is married)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    This show makes me cringe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"