Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Emotions after Miscarriage

I had a miscarriage in August and just found out today that we are expecting again. I only knew I was pregnant the first time for about a week before I started bleeding. When it became very heavy, that's when I realized what was happening. I stayed in the tub while my H heated pots of hot water from the kitchen. Faster than waiting for the water heater to fill up again. I did a ton of research while still in the tub on the iPad so I could understand what was happening and what to do. and of course what not to do. But after it all, I didn't really feel any bad feelings toward it. I mean, it hurt physically. I didn't really feel attached to the baby. I didn't hear a heartbeat or see a sonogram. Just 4 pregnancy tests confirming my hunch. And then it was gone. I don't feel like I actually grieved. Did I just get over it that fast? Is that healthy?

Re: Emotions after Miscarriage

• Options
    First of all, im still sorry for your loss. Everyone has different feelings or experiences in regards to miscarriages or losing a baby. And I respect whatever one feels. This is why the forum is made I guess so we all have an outlet.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what you're looking for here. Only you can decide what's right for you.

Everybody here is fresh from a loss, so your post is not appropriate here.

Since you're pregnant again your posts are more appropriate on pregnant after a loss / 1st tri / birth month board.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ImaniO said:

I had a miscarriage in August and just found out today that we are expecting again.
    I only knew I was pregnant the first time for about a week before I started bleeding. When it became very heavy, that's when I realized what was happening. I stayed in the tub while my H heated pots of hot water from the kitchen. Faster than waiting for the water heater to fill up again. I did a ton of research while still in the tub on the iPad so I could understand what was happening and what to do. and of course what not to do.

But after it all, I didn't really feel any bad feelings toward it. I mean, it hurt physically. I didn't really feel attached to the baby. I didn't hear a heartbeat or see a sonogram. Just 4 pregnancy tests confirming my hunch. And then it was gone.

I don't feel like I actually grieved. Did I just get over it that fast? Is that healthy?

Just quoting in case of a delete.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    KMW08 said:

Since you're pregnant again your posts are more appropriate on pregnant after a loss / 1st tri / birth month board.

this.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"