December 2011 Moms
Options

If you CD

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: If you CD

• Options
    DS is napping, so I can't check most of my stash right now. I have a few on my drying rack, though, and my Rumparooz elastic seems to have held up the best. My Blueberrys are pretty good, too. My BG's will probably need the elastic replaced to get them through another kid, but supposedly they are an easy fix. I'm not particularly handy with a needle, though, so we'll see.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have 95% kawaii diapers and we haven't CD'd as long as you guys, probably 9 months less or so? Due to apartment living and such. Mine have held up surprisingly well! I have no issues yet, knock on wood. We wash like normal I think. I don't wash on a super hot setting, I read that if it's too hot it ruins the PUL. We also line dry. I was hoping to use the same CDs through all my kids, but even if we have to buy 10 or so with each subsequent child, that's still saving a ton of money! I'd be disappointed if mine were so stretched out too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used BG, tots bots, rumparoos, and blueberries. DD outgrew the rise of rumparoos around 18 months and the absorbency of tots bots around 16 months. They have held up fine otherwise so DS is now wearing them. Blueberries are still perfect. My BG elastic is still good but my Velcro looks terrible and barely holds together. I only have maybe 5 velcro and the rest are snaps.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I primarily used BG 3.0s and blueberries with both girls for almost 2 years (so almost 4 years total). I had one and only one BG 4.0 and I was not impressed with it at all. The velcro and tabs on that one gave out after about 1.5 years of use. Either cottonbabies screwed up by switching to that velcro or I had a defective diaper. My 3.0s were still in great shape after almost 4 years of use.  A few of the tabs were starting to lose their sticky, but most of the elastic was still good and the PUL still looked great. One of the blueberries needed to have the elastic replaced, but other than that they were in great shape. DD2 potty trained at 22 months and we don't plan to have any more babies, so I sold my entire stash to a friend of a friend. I don't think she's really done anything to them. So, most of my diapers are now on their 5th year of use and 3rd baby. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    bunniekrissybunniekrissy member
    edited January 2014
    All my commercially bought ones are in good condition, except the Rumparooz started leaking right through the PUL an entire year back. The WAHM ones I had with cotton outers got holey within the first year, but I guess that's part of the territory with cotton outers/hidden PUL. Besides, I probably should have kept putting them in the dryer.

Our original diapers are Blueberry pockets, Bumgenius 4.0, Fuzzibunz, and Sassy Cloth (WAHM - the ones with PUL and minky outers have held up just fine).

ETA almost all of our diapers have snaps rather than velcro.
        image  image

• Options
    I spoke too soon. Just started finding holes in my BG elementals. The holes are in the cotton not the covers so they are still usable.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"