New Jersey Babies
Options

Disability/FMLA

So I have sort of a complicated situation and not sure if I can quality for either short term disability or FMLA.

In March, I left my job in NYC to go back to working in NJ. I worked for this NJ company for 3 months before getting laid off. I ended up not working for two months and then getting a temp job in NJ. The temp job was in NJ but the agency was NY based, so my paychecks reflected a NY address. 

I was recently offered a full time job in NJ but will only be at the company for 10-11 weeks before my due date. 

I was reading the qualifications for NJ short-term disability and it says I need to be employed in NJ for at least 20 weeks. So do I not quality at all? I can't use vacation time at my company and my husband and I technically make too much money to qualify to any other state help. I can't afford to not work. 

Do I have any options? 

Re: Disability/FMLA

• Options
    Just checked my pay stub and they did take out for NJ disability! Yay! I'll have to talk to my HR rep next Monday! Thank you :)
  • Options
    First there are a few things in ur post. One is nj std... U do qualify for nj std. I don't believe there is a waiting period. U do not qualify for nj fmla or fmla, because u haven't been at ur current organization long enough.
    To collect nj fmla... I thought u had to be at ur current organization for 6 months prior to collecting, but I'm not sure if it was continual employment or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You must be employed at your current employer for one year and worked at least 1,000 hours for that company in the past year to qualify for NJFLA. You will qualify for NJ STD which entitles you to go out of work up to 4 weeks prior to your due date, and 6 weeks after you deliver normally or 8 weeks if you have a c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"