Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Putting down drowsy...

how long did it take your DC to go to sleep like this?  We just successfully transitioned DD from the swing to the crib about 10 days ago and he is doing great. However, he needs to be rocked to sleep since he is used to the swing.  When I try to put him down drowsy, but awake he either fusses when I put him down or he falls asleep but cries within 30 minutes.  At this point, I usually give him his paci and he falls asleep again. 

Although I do love rocking him to sleep.  It's like our special bonding right before he goes to sleep. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Putting down drowsy...

• I was having issues with DD not going to sleep period, and the ladies on here suggested swaddling.  I was hesitant b/c DD HATED being swaddled from day one, but in desperation, I tried it, and it worked!  She might start fussing a bit after a couple of minutes, but I just go back in and give her her paci and she seems to just fall asleep.  Though, she has to be VERY tired, and I have a fan going, an air purifier on high, and a FP Rainforest soudns and music CD playing on repeat.  So...there's a lot of background noise for her.  And I must also add that I've just been doing the swaddling since yesterday, but I can't get over how well it's worked.  Anyway, I hope that helps.  Good luck!
  • I actually did start swaddling him to get him to sleep in the crib instead of the swing.  I was also amazed at how it worked.  I tried for 4 nights to get him to sleep in his crib before that and he was waking every 1-1 1/2 hours.  The first night in the swaddle he slept for 4 hours straight and now we are up to 5-7 hours. Its amazing!

• Loading the player...
  • We have put DD down drowsy but awake since birth.  We also used the Miracle Blanket to swaddle for the first 3 months.  She STTN at a little less than 5 weeks old.  She usually falls asleep in 15 minutes or less.  She might play for awhile but is never fussy.  IMO, that is one of the best habits you can teach your child when they are very young.  They learn to go to sleep on their own and don't rely on rocking to go to sleep.  I have nothing against rocking, but we are so glad we did it that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • See my "bragging" post above....
  • have2run - did your dd ever cry or fuss when you put her down?  I agree that teaching them how to fall asleep on their own is very important, but I haven't done it with DS yet because I am sure he will cry and I have read to wait for sleep training until 4 months of age. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"