LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check-in

KH826KH826 member
edited December 2013 in LGBT Parenting
How are you pregnant peeps doing? Updates? Remind us how for along you are and when your EDD is! :) ***QOTW: any special holiday plans related to your pregnancy/future LO?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Pregnancy Check-in

• Options
    7.5 weeks.  Not too bad today.  Yesterday was a freak out day - we are in the middle of moving and both the new place and the old place are disaster zones and I can't find anything.  Also I feel guilty for not being able to help more with the move (although honestly DW won't let me do much, bless her overprotective self).  Finally told DW how I was feeling (I hadn't wanted to burden her because she's been working so hard on this move) and her response was to move the rest of the major furniture into my study and the bedroom so that I at least have two spaces in the new house that feel relatively unchaotic.  Also she hooked up the Wii so I could do my weekly weigh-in this morning (down two pounds from pre-preg weight, but I'm not stressing that this early).  Basically she is awesome and understanding and supportive and most days I don't know how I lucked out to find her.

My first midwife visit isn't until Jan. 8 and I can't wait!  DW is taking the morning off work to go with me (I did warn her that there may not be an ultrasound at this visit though).  We met with a prospective doula yesterday and loved her - we're definitely using her!  She's still in training, but that actually appeals to me - helping her get one step closer to her certification (as a student myself that's something I value).  Plus since she's a student her fee is only $100!  Although she's White she grew up in Hawaii, so she and my wife have a lot in common (wife is from Hawaii and is Native Hawaiian/Filipina - see icon) and we all just really gelled.

As far as holiday plans, we are not huge Xmas people (especially not in the middle of a move - a tree would just be one more hassle), but we will spend some quality time together on Wednesday.  Plus that's the day I plan to "go public" on Facebook.  I plan to put a bow on my stomach and caption the photo something to the effect of "I got Ke a special present but she can't open it until early August."  Tomorrow is the double Xmas Eve service at church (UU) and I'm being a good usher coordinator and covering both services since I couldn't get any volunteers.  Both services will be virtually all music, and while I'm not a huge religious person I love holiday music so I'm really looking forward to it.

My mom's 60th birthday is on Dec. 29, and my brother is paying to fly me back home (live in Texas, family is in NC) for a surprise visit, so I'm looking forward to that.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    Just left the doctor's office -- baby is healthy and super active and measuring ahead at 17wk5d. Unfortunately, our squirmy noodle would not sit still long enough to give us a look between the legs, so we will have to wait until our anatomy scan on January 15th to find out the sex. Otherwise, everything looks great though. Now off to Boston to my mom's for Christmas!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KH826 - glad your appointment went well and that LO is almost a week ahead! WOW! Sorry you didn't get to find out the gender, I know you were excited for that. Soon though!

5w5d, EDD 8/20.
    I'm still kind of digesting that I'm really pregnant. I mean, I have known now for 2 weeks and still I kind of forget. I've also not let myself get too 'attached' to the baby yet. Last time I felt so connected so fast, but I'm waiting for a heartbeat to start that process. I feel a little guilty, like I'm neglecting my baby for my own protection...oh wait, that is exactly what I'm doing. But I think my baby would understand.

Let's see...I've had some undeniable symptoms - a mass 2-hour wave of nausea on Saturday that came out of nowhere. The need for a nap. Mild insomnia. And needing food and needing it NOW. Oh, and the boobs continue their spectacular growth spurt, and hurt a lot to the point that it's sometimes distracting. I'll take it all! I went to pre-natal yoga this week already too, it was a good class, challenging but seeing that the lady next to me was 37.5 weeks, I had nothing to whine about. I think it'll be good to have a pregnant 'community' + stay grounded and get stronger for this endeavor.

We have our MFM appt on Thursday and I'll start Lovenox. I've been reading up and am beyond not excited. Apparently the medicine burns really badly and you get massive bruising from these shots...the ain't no Lupron apparently (which are the biggest NBD shots evah). Of course to not have my baby die this time I'm all in. But still, I can be not excited about it I think. Ice packs for 10 min. before and injecting super slowly help, apparently. So I'll try all that.

Also going to get a thyroid check today. Dear god I sound so unhealthy but I swear I'm not! My TSH hasn't gone over 1.0 in like 10 years...and even while pregnant last time, I think I had a .75 - all good, they want under 2.5 but my endocrinologist prefers under 1.0. Well, last week with my beta they checked and it was 1.41! I have a standing order w/my endo's office so I'm going to dash up there today to get another draw and see what's up. He said "the second you get pregnant it can skyrocket" - last time, nuthin'! This time seems not the case.

I'm going to start a baby blog on Thursday if we have a heartbeat. I had one last time (here, if you want to read about my first 15 weeks last year - it abruptly ends when I lost the baby, I never did post about it...just didn't have it in me). The blog is mostly for J's mom/sister and my dad, who don't live nearby. I have had a few longer term blogs in the past and enjoy it, and I will blog-to-book it for the baby to have a record of my pregnancy! I'll post the link next week if things are in order.

QOTW: Nothing really since I've only got an appleseed sized LO in there. I did get baby his/her first ornament. It's a goofy cute little thing, and it made me think of what this kid will be like, so I bought it!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
     @2mamazinseattle when is yours again? The 27th?
    Actually it's 8:30 a.m. (PST) on Thursday 12/26! I'm getting excited and nervous :)
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm due 5/28 with boy/girl twins and I'm currently 17w5d!

This morning I had my 3 hour glucose test since I bombed my one hour.. and sadly ended up depositing all the glucose drink back onto the waiting room floor carpet right before I had my 1hr mark blood drawn. Yuck. Feeling pretty defeated to be honest..  next one is scheduled after the holidays.

We are going to do our usual holiday routine- gifts between us, then to my families house for breakfast, then to her families house for lunch/dinner, then home. 12/26 is the big anatomy scan and I am hoping beyond hope that my baby boy has nothing wrong with his heart. It's more or less the final hurdle from our awful NT test/CVS test day. I'll feel so much better when I know he's okay (and get to see my girl too!)  

QOTW: Nah, nothing yet- but my wife's mom sent us a bunch of presents clearly labeled for the kids. Kinda funny!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    11w1d, 7/13/14.

Doing fine...definitely feeling more pregnant lately. More nausea (still not TOO bad), gagging, smell aversions, and indigestion. I am trying really hard to eat better -- there are a ton of delicious treats in my office and my goal today is not to eat any of them -- and work out at least a few days a week (Christmas itself does not apply to either goal -- it is a pass day for sure). I had sweet potato kale lentil soup for lunch, so at least if I decimate the supply of chocolate-peppermint popcorn, there is still something nutritious in there for the baby.

QOTW: Not really. We've already announced to immediate family and it is too early to announce to anyone else as far as I'm concerned. I won't be 12w until the 29th (which would be the absolute earliest I'd go public) and we're waiting until we have results from the Mat21 test which won't be until mid-January. I also think my family is too scared to give us any baby-related gifts at this point, given my history. There is something baby-related I want to get for my wife, but I'm going to wait until her birthday in March.

I will say it is kind of mind-blowing to imagine having a 5-mo old child in our house next Christmas...but I also don't really quite believe it yet.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    11w6d EDD July 7th

Not much new on the pregnancy front. I am feeling a lot better, no more nausea really which is nice. I am still pretty tired/exhausted by the end of the day though. We've been taking weekly bump photos since 6 weeks and I've definitely got a little bit a bump going these days. I'm making them into a movie...slowly but surely. 

No holiday plans specific to the pregnancy. We wanted to send out a pregnancy announcement to a few friends/family but we've been swamped and haven't done it yet so it'll be more like a first of the year thing I think. I do want to get my wife something "from the baby" for xmas haven't got a clue what though. 

• Options
    21 weeks and 6 days, EDD 4/29/14

Feeling pretty good. Baby keeps jumping on my cervix- hop ditty hop.  Must be fun in there.  I feel a lot more solid having passed 20 week mark and the anatomy scan. I think I "finally" feel like this is really happening - only 18ish weeks to go. 

I found out last week that our insurance provider does not cover a midwife (not working in a OB office) or a homebirth.  We are devastated since we had a home water birth with Kaden and the experience was amazing. They cover all but $250 of a hospital birth.  EV and I are trying to figure out what to do. Right now money is really tight and though midwife/home-birth costs are a fraction of the cost of a hospital birth its still more than we can currently afford.  I'm hopeful that a solution will present itself. Meanwhile my next OB appointment is tomorrow morning.  I'll talk to my OB regarding their natural birth policies/practices and see if I can schedule a tour of the hospital.

QOTD: No special plans for the holidays with this pregnancy except to make some time for a little pampering (watching movies, and skimping on chores ;-)

@KH826 - sorry you didn't find out the babies sex (I'll admit I was curious too).. I suppppose I can wait until January if you can ;-)

@2Mamazinseattle - Good luck on Thursday :-) 

@kboydbowman - Glad you found a great doula - I will have to look into a doula (especially if we're planning a hospital birth) that could be a great solution. :-)

@ball.and.chain - good luck staying away from the sweets - if you're successful send some willpower my way because I have been getting a big fat F lately in the not indulging in holiday goodies lately...

@pinkspark - Ugh  - I'd forgotten about the glucous test :(  So sorry you have to take it again - I can't imagine anything harder to choke down then that drink - blech!!

@redrockmama - I like your movie idea!

@mamosey - hope LO hangs in there a little while longer :-)

@Flygirl1228 - LOL. I've been pretty sensitive to smells before too - I think your wife must have a super sniffer!! ;-)

@sarahtrpt- when did you start doing kick counts? (I thought I should try to do them by LO is still pretty little and I'm not sensing consistent movement).

• Options
    Welcome to the check in @trisholio!  Always exciting to have a new member.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @flygirl1228 - lucky chickens ;-)

@sarahtrpt - okay thank you - 28 weeks, that makes sense. I'll ask my OB tomorrow.

@trisholio - welcome so happy to see you here :-) what a great Christmas gift for your family (if you decide to tell them).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"