August 2013 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest....

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest....

• Options
    It amazes me how many people have BSC in laws. Mine aren't nearly as bad as most but my husband's grandmother wanted to share her piña colada slurpee with LO. That was a firm no from me. We flew into the DC area on Friday from California and LO and I still can't figure out her bedtime routine and it doesn't help that we've slept in a new place every night. I just want to be awake during normal hours, not up from 230-5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm dreading going to my in laws on Christmas. There will be a ton of people there, and LO does not do well with so many people in his face. Last time we were there he would not nap, cried basically the whole time, and then had a miserable night waking up every two hours. Do not want a repeat of that! So I'm going to be "that mom" that doesn't pass baby around, and I'm fine with that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom seriously creeps me out sometimes. She posted on my picture on FB of the kids meeting Santa and said "I make beautiful grandbabies". I get the thought process because she made me, but it still creeped me out.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    so, on top of not sleeping and having to figure out this whole debit card/target thing, on my way to the store, ice flew off the car in front of me and hit my windshield, shattering it.

I'm so over today.

Anniversary

• Options
    My MIL and SIL were visiting on Saturday and my son was freaking out because he was overtired.  He's been on a bit of a nap strike and when he gets overtired he screams like someone is hurting him - it's awful, but I've learned that there's nothing actually wrong, he's just tired and sometimes he just won't sleep no matter what.  Well, he wouldn't sleep and was shrieking, so rather than listen to me that he's overtired and just needs to chill, MIL and SIL passed him around taking turns to try and calm him and "make" him sleep.  Then they spent the next hour or so while he screamed listing every possible thing that could be wrong with him and got my husband worked up enough that it was decided that we had to take him to urgent care RIGHT AWAY.  Surprise surprise, urgent care determined that there was absolutely nothing wrong and he was just tired.  Imagine that.  Then, my MIL began telling my husband that she's been worried lately because my son has seemed "lethargic" when they facetime (which is right before he goes to bed, so no surprise there) and that surely the super low dose of zoloft that I'm on is harming him through my breastmilk.  No matter that 3 medical professionals have given the green light for zoloft while breastfeeding.  All of her "concerns" come from a place of desperate love for her grandson and our family but HOLY SH*T I wish she'd cool it sometimes.  I've got enough to worry about without someone inventing problems for me.
  • Options
    I'm mobile so can't gif but about 99% of these have received very confused faces and my eyes rolling and literally saying WHAT outloud lol.. People are fucking crazy.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    kwrecks said:

so, on top of not sleeping and having to figure out this whole debit card/target thing, on my way to the store, ice flew off the car in front of me and hit my windshield, shattering it.

I'm so over today.

You win. Go home. Go back to bed and call it a day. :(
  • Options
    We are leaving tomorrow and I have a whole bunch of stuff I need to do including wrapping the presents, feeding the T's, water changes, and packing! Ahh!
  • Options
    Hhaber DH and I are doing the same thing--no gifts for each other this year. I'm sure your H won't mind that you actually didn't get him anything. I'm sure he understands that you're busy with your little sparkler. 

@Zever000 I am so sorry. 

My Monday Bitch is... I really wish I wasn't working this week. There is NOTHING going on. I just have to sit here for hours. Sigh.  

• Options
    @kwrecks Seriously?! You're not allowed to leave the house the rest of the day.... that's awful!!!

• Options
    Yeah I'm definitely done with today. Unfortunately I have a family Christmas party to go to tonight, that will involve lots of alcohol.

Anniversary

• Options
    Holy shit...sounds like Aug 13 is having a really bad day.

My old compter died so we put the hard drive into Dh computer as it contains all our pictures and documents. Today I went to the drive to get file and everything is missing. Dh was having a hard time finding the files. I have about lost my shit over it

• Options
    I had to get an MRI done today. And my shirt had metallic thread sewn in and my bra had metallic clips. So I had to exchange all that for a single scrub top. While standing there going over the procedure with the MALE technician...I realized my boobs leaked and soaked right through the scrub top. Ugh! I was so embarrassed. :\">
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Options
    We had a really bad ice storm in my area Saturday night. Woke up Sunday to the power out so we packed up LO and the dog and my freezer stash and headed to my parents. Our power is still out so looks like we will be spending Christmas at my parents' house.

This was not planned. We were hosting my dad for Christmas morning so that is not going to happen (we are staying at my moms). I guess we won't be having any alone time for just us and LO.

LO obviously knows something is up and was up from 12am to 4am last night clinging to me. I am so tired.

I have to be thankful though because at least we have somewhere to go. They haven't announced a state of emergency yet but many elderly have been without power for 48 hours now and city officials are worried.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mommabmb said:
    I have a few. LO and I are sick, so that pretty much sucks all around. To add insult to injury, my boobs have started leaking like crazy... Which is extra annoying because I quit pumping due to low supply. My sheets are soaked and have to be washed like every day. And as if I wasn't cheery enough, two of the boxes I was promised by this weekend from khols aren't here yet.
    Seriously! What is up with Kohl's shipping? Are they delivering by horse and buggy? Are the items being shipped from Australia? I ordered things on December 10 so that they'd be here in plenty of time, and they have yet to show up.
    @avanahazel1 I know, right? I ordered Dec 13th, promised by the 20th, and it took two phone calls just to hear that they won't be on time. FWIW, I did call and they gave me 10% off of my order.... although I'm not sure that matters since I'll have to return half of it. 
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Zever000 said:
     And because you got this far here's a laugh: MIL took FIL's phone and pushed the back button by accident. It went to a "naughty school girls" website. She asked him about it and he ripped his phone out of her hand, went bright red and tried to get rid of it. Maybe I should have "the talk with him".
    @Zever000 - This made me laugh so hard it was inappropriate. I would totally stick this in my back pocket to recall when the ILs are annoying the crap out of me.

I know you will get those ILs in check! :) Keep me posted with more rage-y stories. I just have my fam and the steps around this week - and they are all amazeballs, so I won't have any agonizing stories.

• Options
    I know Monday is over but I have one. DS please poop. Your irregularity and resulting fussiness is not only sad, but it's screwing up our routines and making your mama cranky. Feel better and remember how to poop!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"