Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Menstrual cycle after d&c

How long did it take others to get their period after a d&c procedure? On Wednesday it will be four weeks since I had the procedure done...
BFP 09/2013....missed miscarriage diagnosed 11/27/2013 size 12weeks 3days...D&C same day.

Re: Menstrual cycle after d&c

• Idk, I had mine Monday, and I started bleeding yesterday, I don't know if it's my period or what.
  • I think I got mine about 5 weeks after.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your losses....thank you for the info. I appreciate it.
    BFP 09/2013....missed miscarriage diagnosed 11/27/2013 size 12weeks 3days...D&C same day.
  • It was about 5 weeks I though it would be sooner since I have short cycle

Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• I'm still waiting. I had mine on November 20, and still no AF. I'm hoping it's not far off though. I had some cramping tonight and I'm hoping that means I'll get it soon.
  • About 4 weeks for me. But since then i've had spotting every 2 weeks. OB says spotting like that is totally normal. Just gives us a small O window.
  • Thank you. Still haven't gotten it yet.... Hoping sometime soon.
  • So with all the weeks that everyone lists above, do you try to conceive after your first period since your D&C, or should a woman wait for the 2nd period?   I feel like I didn't get a full explanation on this and was just told by doctors, "Wait one full cycle."   No idea what a "full" cycle is.  I have an appt at the end of next week, so I'll ask then but am wondering what you all know that I don't know.  :)
  • A full cycle is waiting for one period. I got mine exactly 28 days after my d&c.
  • My doctor told me to wait until I have one full cycle and when I asked for clarification she explained a full cycle on its own, not immediately following the procedure. Still waiting on my period...then have to wait for the next to start TTC again.
  • Finally! It arrived yesterday, 38 days after D&C and 31 days after all bleeding stopped. 
  • AF arrived this morning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"