April 2014 Moms
Options

Amazon Baby Registry

Has anyone ever used an Amazon baby registry? Thoughts? Did you like it? If people purchase items in the store will they still be removed from the registry? 

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    Yes. It was my registry and I love it. They make returns so easy. I had a small target registry as well for old lady friends but its so much more of a pain

• Options
    I love my Amazon registry! It's so easy. I also have a BRU one, but it's a lot smaller.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Made my amazon registry last week. So easy and you can add items from other websites, it ends up on the bottom and its called a universal registry. Most of the time the prices can't be beat and i think a lot of people have amazon prime so thats a nice bonus. So easy to use!
  • Options
    We had an Amazon registry because we were overseas with our first and are doing it again with this one. It makes it much easier for us and others - they just paid and had it sent to us. The prices are better than anything I've seen in the Exchanges except clearance items, and the customer service has been beyond words great (not just for us, but everyone I've talked to too). :) 

TBH it's how my parents bought most of our Christmas gifts - ordered them, had them sent here and I wrapped them. Saved them probably $100+ on shipping it to us.
  • Options
    Oh @ButtonGirl82 I didn't know that! I'll double check my new registry (more of a shopping list for us anyway) and see if I can't figure out that part! I never knew the Universal Registry was there!
  • Options
    We used it for our wedding and loved it. It's so easy to add items and people have the option to ship any item directly to you. We're also planning to use it for our baby registry. You can also rate items (like it, love it) so others know how much you might want one item over another.
  • Options
    Made my amazon registry last week. So easy and you can add items from other websites, it ends up on the bottom and its called a universal registry. Most of the time the prices can't be beat and i think a lot of people have amazon prime so thats a nice bonus. So easy to use!

Just FYI, be really careful when adding things from other web sites. The purchaser actually has to go back to your registry and click "I purchased this from another website" and even then it doesn't always show as "purchased." Take it from someone who got three of the same (personalized!) bathrobes for Christmas this year...none of which can be returned. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is going to be a fourth one when we open presents with my family later today (the three so far have all been from H and the ILs). Anyway, not sure how to prevent this, but I guess as long as nothing is personalized then it can be returned, but be prepared that you might get some duplicates...
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What about a wish list instead of a registry? Any experience with that? I've made a wish list on amazon and figured I'd turn it into a registry when the time was right. Just don't know if it's better to use a wish list because it seems easier for ppl to buy elsewhere, I'm just unsure about whether or not they can remove items, or if I'd have to (which takes the fun out of it).
  • Options
    JessieAlbinJessieAlbin member
    edited December 2013
    I used BabyList for online shoppers, which has been very user friendly so far, it will collect Internet shopping options from anywhere (including amazon, etsy, think geek, etc). You can put notes on each item, categorize them, and they have an app and everything. Babyli.st is the website

Eta: your guests can search your names like any other registry, or you can send them a direct link. Here's a link to mine if you'd like to see what your guests will see: https://babyli.st/baby-albin
  • Options
    Megczapla said:

What about a wish list instead of a registry? Any experience with that? I've made a wish list on amazon and figured I'd turn it into a registry when the time was right. Just don't know if it's better to use a wish list because it seems easier for ppl to buy elsewhere, I'm just unsure about whether or not they can remove items, or if I'd have to (which takes the fun out of it).

Are you planning on doing amazon mom? If you are you dec want to do a registry not a wishlist so you can take advantage of the 15% completion discount
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Megczapla said:

Are you planning on doing amazon mom? If you are you dec want to do a registry not a wishlist so you can take advantage of the 15% completion discount
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @snmetz7 haven't quite thought that far yet but I figured amazon mom would make sense to do because of the discount. I just need to commit to something! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"