August 2012 Moms
Options

Age gaps

How many A12 moms are expecting again? If your august baby wasn't your first, how far apart are your kiddos in age? Is it working well?? I'm having baby fever really bad but really nervous about number two!

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Age gaps

• Options
    We're expecting #2 (who is proof that BC and condoms are not failproof) in 2 weeks. I'm skeered, but I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore and see how DS will be as a big brother.

My advice to you: wait until your LO is closer to 2. It's never easy being pregnant and taking care of another child, but the older they are, the more independent they are and I think that can work in your favor. Right now it's hell going up and down stairs with a giant belly and a kid who can't walk, as well as being on bedrest with a child who can't communicate effectively and doesn't understand why Mommy can't play on the floor with him as much.
  • Options
    My Aug. baby is #2.

#1 was born in July 2010, so they are 25 months apart. So I was having baby fever at about this time after #1. :)

I wouldn't change the age gap we have. There are tough days, of course, because #1 isn't totally independent. She wasn't potty trained before #2 came. But she also doesn't really remember life before her little brother. We didn't really have any jealousy issues. They like to play with a lot of the same things.

That said, we want 3 years between them if we have a #3. Mostly so that DD will be in school, and because DS just started STTN. I need to catch up on sleep before adding another newborn.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we'll be ttc soon, by summer at the latest. We wanted a new house first so we wouldn't have to deal with the fact that our only extra room is downstairs by itself, but we'll make it all work out.

Thanks for the input ladies:)

imageimage

• Options
    Well my Aug 12 baby was number 1 and August 13 was number two. About the only thing I can say is having babies 51 weeks apart is pretty rough, but we are getting to a better place with it. Just wait until you feel ready to go through the everyday while being pregnant, the tiredness and sickness of first tri and then the aches of third tri.
    imageimage
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited December 2013
    Aug12 baby is our first. 

We were expecting baby #2 in early June 2014, but unfortunately that didn't work out. So the plan now is "as soon as possible". I'm a little disappointed, we had originally planning on TTC when DS was 9-12 months old, but due to breastfeeding, AF didn't return until right around his 1st birthday. We got pregnant right away, but like I mentioned it wasn't a sticky baby. So I kind of feel like we are already at least ~6 months behind where we wanted to be. :( If by some miracle I get KTFU our first try, DS & baby #2 will be 25 months apart.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    abbyful said:

Aug12 baby is our first. 

We were expecting baby #2 in early June 2014, but unfortunately that didn't work out. So the plan now is "as soon as possible". I'm a little disappointed, we had originally planning on TTC when DS was 9-12 months old, but due to breastfeeding, AF didn't return until right around his 1st birthday. We got pregnant right away, but like I mentioned it wasn't a sticky baby. So I kind of feel like we are already at least ~6 months behind where we wanted to be. :( If by some miracle I get KTFU our first try, DS & baby #2 will be 25 months apart.
    I'm really sorry for your loss @abbyful :( I'll cross my fingers that you have a sticky baby soon! If it makes you feel any better, I feel way behind on our "plan" too. We originally wanted our kiddos to be 2 years apart but since we're not even ttc that isn't going to happen. We just wanted everything else to be "right" and in place first (buying a larger/more functional house) but the truth is we can't afford a larger house right now so we may as well just make it happen. Now I'm discouraged that we're off our plan too! Everything will work out for us both in time right :)

imageimage

• Options
    ccamccam member
    edited December 2013
    I had always thought we'd have kids pretty close in age, but I also thought I'd be done with having kids by now! Life apparently has different plans!! We have been trying for #2 since as soon as we could. We definitely thought we'd have 2u2. But it took 2 years to get pregnant with DS so I guess we'll just go step by step. If we are able to have #2, I'll be ecstatic but if not, then our family of 3 will be perfect as is.

ETA....this so doesn't answer the question! But I think any age gap will have its own challenges. Do what is best for you!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    ccam said:

I had always thought we'd have kids pretty close in age, but I also thought I'd be done with having kids by now! Life apparently has different plans!! We have been trying for #2 since as soon as we could. We definitely thought we'd have 2u2. But it took 2 years to get pregnant with DS so I guess we'll just go step by step. If we are able to have #2, I'll be ecstatic but if not, then our family of 3 will be perfect as is.

I'll cross my fingers for you!! ::baby dust::

imageimage

• Options
    Albert is our first child.  We plan on having a gap of three to four years between them.  If we get pregnant before then, it would be all right, too, but I really loved how the four year old I watched interacted with Albert when he was a newborn.  It was really sweet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have an appt gyn appt this week and I think we'll talk about getting this process going :) I'm nervous about all of my complications last time so a check-in is probably wise before ttc.

imageimage

• Options
    First 2 are 28m apart, and #2 and #3 are 39 months apart. I like bigger spaces. The kids are more independent, and I'm not carrying a baby around while pregnant. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Baby #2 is due early June so they will be about 22 to 23 months apart.   I am nervous but we planned this so I am also very excited and grateful. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    August 2012 baby was #2 and possibly the last.  The age gap between my kids is 11 years.
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I haven't been on this board since I was pregnant with #2. I thought I'd pop on and look around.

DS#1 and DS#2 are 22 months apart. DS#2 and #3 will also be 22 months apart. I love the ~2 year age gap. My boys are at an age where they play together all day long. It is so wonderful watching them interact. I hope they stay close through life, they are crazy about each other. #1 was young enough that he doesn't remember being an only child. He wasn't old enough to help out when his baby brother was born but after a week or so of ignoring the baby entirely, he became completely fascinated by him and also protective of his baby brother.
  • Options
    If we are fortunate enough to have a second child the age gap will be more than I had originally wanted. I am tentatively starting another cycle in March with a. April transfer. If it is successful there will be a 2 1/2 year age gap. If it is nit successful I will keep trying until my RR thinks the chances for success are very small or I reach 40 in 3 1/2 years.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    MoFree said:

If we are fortunate enough to have a second child the age gap will be more than I had originally wanted. I am tentatively starting another cycle in March with a. April transfer. If it is successful there will be a 2 1/2 year age gap. If it is nit successful I will keep trying until my RR thinks the chances for success are very small or I reach 40 in 3 1/2 years.

Best of luck @mofree! Hope you have success as soon as possible!!
    I think a 2.5 year age gap is pretty decent! LO will be more helpful..hopefully:)

imageimage

• Options
    My A12 baby was #2, and they are 18 months apart.  That was not planned.  I would have aimed for a 2-2.5 year age gap, but surprise!  It was a rough first year because it was 2u2 with a DH juggling several new (time consuming) jobs & grad school, and I was trying to work part time from home the first 5 months.  I do not plan to have any more, so I'm glad to be getting all this baby/toddler stuff out of the way at one time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 3 older kids from a previous marriage.  My second DH didn't have any until K came.  We'd like another one (DH more so than me) so K could grow up with a sibling. So we will consider trying again come spring time... My youngest from my previous marriage was 17 when K was born.
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"