December 2012 Moms

How much milk?

For those of you who have made the switch to wcm (or are preparing to and have done more research than I have), how much wcm is your LO drinking a day? (Or how much should they be drinking in a day). I forgot to ask the pedi at DS' 1 yr appt. I think DS would drink half a gallon a day if I let him!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much milk?

• DD's pedi said at least 24 ounces. I'm not sure if weight matters but my daughter is small, weight wise, (15th percentile or less each check up) so her pedi may be recommending more than the average.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• At first I just replace bottles with sippies of milk. This way they keep their current schedule. I find this easier and then they naturally taper down to 16-24 oz per day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • 12-16ish oz for DD
  • ArmyWife114ArmyWife114 member
    edited December 2013
    j3nnyb said:
    DD's pedi said at least 24 ounces. I'm not sure if weight matters but my daughter is small, weight wise, (15th percentile or less each check up) so her pedi may be recommending more than the average.
    I would assume weight plays a role in recommendations.  DD is large and still in the 97th percentile for weight and height still, so it makes sense to me that her doctor would tell me 16oz daily for her.
    I'm guessing it has to do with weight, my pedi told me 18 oz/day and DS is in the 60th percentile for weight, and a friend of ours whose son is much smaller was told 24 oz/day by the same doctor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told no more than 20oz/day once we fully switched over...pedi said food is supposed to be her main source of nutrition now, not milk

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• my son's pedi told us 15-24oz a day
    Same. He is right around 18 oz right now. 
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We went to dd's well check today and the pedi said anywhere between 16 to 20 oz. If you're still nursing then less because that is included as part of the 16 to 20 oz. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LittleFish1LittleFish1 member
    edited December 2013
    pedi today said if was not still nursing, rec is 24 ounces WCM per day since is calorie dense. Am still nursing so not sure exactly how much she gets from me, so don't go over the 24. I seroously doubt she will even drink that much (oh and LO just below 10percentile for weight! And that is high for her :-D )
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, I am so jealous that your kids will actually drink milk!  This is something I have never had to worry about - too much milk!  I am lucky if DD will take one sippy of milk a day - about 4ish ounces.  She also is not a fan of anything to drink in a sippy - again, I am lucky if she drinks 8 ounces of water a day.  She is SO stubborn!  We have been done with bottles for 2.5 weeks and she still points to the cabinet where they were and signs more.  She saw a baby drinking a bottle the other day and tried to steal it!  My other 2 were not great drinkers either, but much better than she is.  DS would drink 12-16 ounces of milk a day (but it was a struggle - I had to hold the sippy for him while he sat on my lap), and DD#2 would drink about 12 ounces a day as well.  She was the best one - I would just give her the cup and she would drink it (after 2 days of not drinking anything and waiting for the bottle to come back - she adjusted much better than anyone else!).   Our pedi wasn't that concerned about the milk - DD#2 LOVES the full fat greek yogurt, so we give her that at least once a day. I am hoping she will come around - I have even tried giving her chocolate and vanilla milk - doesn't work!  We have also tried a million and one different cups - again, she doesn't like any of them.  Ugh.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"