Sippy Cup Regression — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sippy Cup Regression

ZaydensMommaZaydensMomma
10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
edited December 2013 in Babies: 9 - 12 Months
I introduced the sippy cup (Munchkin Click Lock with handles) with water when DS was 6 months old and he got the hang of it rather quickly. Recently I began the transition from bottle to the sippy cup. But ever since the first time I put formula in the sippy cup, DS doesn't want anything to do with it. Even if it just has water or watered down juice in it. Occasionally he will take a small drink from it but after that he would push it away or throw it on the floor. Before he would take numerous drinks out of the sippy cup. I keep trying at every meal but it is the same. I bought a straw Munchkin Click Lock to see if maybe he just doesn't like the spout on the sippy cup but, since he is used to the spout on the other one, he just bites the straw and tips it up instead of sucking on the straw. Has anyone gone through this phase? and what did you do to get your LO back on track with the sippy cups?

Sorry if this discussion seems vague. I'm trying to type this as quickly as possible. Holidays = Big to do list. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Re: Sippy Cup Regression

• Get the Playtex Lil Grippers straw cups. These are the best at teaching straw cups. You can squeeze the bottom so that the liquid gets into the straw and they learn how you use it, plus most valves are difficult to learn at first with straws and this one has none. I love them. Later on we move to the Munchkin insulated straw cups with the valves and such, but when they are learning it's not too great. We don't do sippy cups in this house as our pedi and dentist specifically say no to them since they damage teeth (just like bottles and binkies past 1 year). Plus it's a good skill to learn how to drink from a straw.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    kmc84
  • @Nana_Osaki06 Thanks for the recommendation. I wasn't aware of the fact that the sippy cups with the spouts were bad for his teeth. I went to our local Wal-Mart to buy the Playtex ones however they didn't carry them at my store (odd?). I'll probably search for them at an neighboring town this coming weekend. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • I have the best luck with BRU with them. Goodluck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards