Newly Pregnant with Number 2 and hoping for a VBAC! — The Bump
VBAC

Newly Pregnant with Number 2 and hoping for a VBAC!

Hello ladies, 
     As I'm sure lots of you know the first time didn't go as planned, I felt as if I had been completely robbed of my birthing expeirence. My son will be 4 in February, and he will be a big brother in August, much to my surprise. None the less, I want to go with my goal and attempt a VBAC. I've been looking into having a VBAC since the c-section but now it's time to act. I can't tell you how much I want it. I got pregnant (this time) with an IUD, so I had to see a doctor ASAP. I chose one with high ratings that was covered by my insurance and she did the ultrasound and removed the IUD. I know that I will not be staying with this doctor because she does not accept medicaid and I will be a medicaid patient but I told her I wanted a VBAC and she not only made it seem like it was impossible, but she scared me. Why must doctors do this? This isn't the first time a doctor has been almost rude to me about a VBAC. The first time I asked a doctor about it they literally laughed in my face. I am apart of an ICAN group on facebook I'll be looking there for support but I plan to get to know you ladies and find a support system for myself here as well. Thank you for being here and please share any tips, advice, encouragement that you may have for me. 

image  image  image

Re: Newly Pregnant with Number 2 and hoping for a VBAC!

• Welcome! I'm sorry you have gotten such negative reactions from doctors. The first ob I spoke to about VBAC was really negative too and basically told me not to even try. I found a new doctor and had a very smooth, uncomplicated VBAC. Sometimes you just have to keep looking. Hopefully your ICAN group can help. GL!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry your doctors made you feel that way. My suggestion would be to find a midwife in your area in a hospital with a high VBAC rate. I will be having my VBAC in my local teaching hospital and they have a VBAC rate of 92%. They require that you do not use pain meds and this is part of the reason why they have such a high rate. What area do you live in?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry your doctor was such a jerk. I specifically chose my OB/midwife practice because of their support for vbacs. Don't let that doctor scare you! You can find a doctor that will be supportive of your choices!
  • thank you ladies,  I'm looking for a doctor that will take Medicaid,  I'm in the Houston, tx area.  i don't mind driving a little if need be.  

image  image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards