Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Missed miscarriage, when will I bleed?

Hi all, so I got the bad news last Wednesday, December 11th that via vaginal ultrasound our precious baby had stopped growing. I was eight weeks and though the baby was only measuring 3 days behind, there was no heartbeat anymore.

Our nurse practitioner diagnosed a missed miscarriage. She told me my options and I opted for natural. Up until then I had zero miscarriage symptoms. 3 days later, I had a teeny tiny bit of pink when I wiped, only once. The next morning when I wiped I got reddish/brownish discharge, which looked similar to when you know you're going to start your period. I also started having cramps so hubby drove me to the hospital. They ran my HCG and it had already dropped to 4,200. My HCG hadn't been tested since 6 weeks and it was only 5,300 and rose slowly the whole time. The E.R doctor said it's possible my body could absorb the pregnancy? I've never heard of this happening, and when I studied it it seems to only apply to earlier losses?

He wanted to retest my HCG so this Wednesday (3 days later) was down to 1934. So, it's pretty low now... When do you think I will pass my baby? Has anyone has the pregnancy be absorbed? Baby died at 7 weeks 5 days. I just don't know how much longer to wait or what is considered normal. I also haven't had any more bleeding or cramps since. Please share your stories, knowledge and thoughts. I really appreciate it <3

Re: Missed miscarriage, when will I bleed?

• My first MC was absorbed. There was a baby with no h/b one week. Went back I think 2 weeks later and the baby was gone. It was new to me too. I was shocked that it just disappeared. Good luck and I'm sorry you are here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12
  • Hi there. Sorry for your loss. I am going through the same thing.... found out 12/18/13 our baby left us 2 days earlier. I opted for the misoprostol. This is mis #3 & I went through a horrific D&C, had miso last time & chose it again this time. Miso is meant to help you along to cleanse everything out to reduce the chance of infection. Maybe you should call your OB/GYN (today being Sat you will get their service, but ask), ask for the miso. It is inserted vaginally, 8 hrs later you will have a lot of pain as you will basically go into labor contractions. Everything will happen & it will be done. You can say goodbye to your little angel. With natural or miso you will need to abstain from sex until you get an US to confirm clean uterus. You will bleed heavily for 5-14 days. Just stay in bed & take it easy. 
    I am going to be graphic for the purpose of answering your question. You will begin cramping so that the lining can rip & fall. You will see several large clots of blood as well as small ones. You will probably see the fetal sac, that is going to be clear, (if you look at what a small breast implant looks like that is very similar), the uterine lining will be several large clots with some white & you may see your little angel. It is very upsetting but focus on the fact that you can say goodbye. Try to focus on your future and remember, one miscarriage does not mean the end. I have had 3 & now that my dr figured out the problem he is already pushing me to try again  in 3 months. Please try to be positive & I will keep you in my prayers. I hope that I was helpful with both answers & a positive outlook. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"