Two Under 2

3U2 - scared silly!

hi ladies - well, DH and i had a huge huge whoops. we have almost-12 month old twins and just found out i am pregnant. extremely early, only about 5 weeks (although I thought i was further along) but pregnant nonetheless. i went for an ultrasound yesterday since the nurse estimated i'd be 6 weeks at least, but the tech only saw a gestational sac (empty). She said with the size of the sac she thinks i'm only 5 weeks so it's a bit early to see an embryo, although at the end of my u/s she did detect a secondary yolk sac whatever that is!

i work FT as does DH, and we have a ton of help already with the twins. my parents, in laws, and a nanny who is wonderful and available 4 days/week. however i am so so scared and stressed! i'm worried that i won't be able to run around with our twins as they learn to walk and run, and also will be too tired to play with them and give them the attention they need and deserve. plus i'm so scared to start the whole newborn stage again with two 20 month old children. please tell me these are all normal emotions. i'm thrilled at the possibility of being pregnant but scared when that whole thing wears off and then reality sets in of having 3 children under 2 years old! help! any advice or support is greatly appreciated.

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: 3U2 - scared silly!

• Don't worry, it seems a lot harder than it really is. My 2 kids are 18months apart and it actually went very smoothly, b/c now you are an experienced mom and know what you're doing. I would also think that a single baby will be easy for you since you're used to twins. The first year is definitely a challenge getting out of the house, kids on different nap schedules, etc. but then it gets way easier. Mine are best friends and entertain each other, it's really great having them so close in age. They are now 3 and almost 2 and I am considering a third LO.

Good luck and welcome to the board!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My twins were 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant. I had 3 boys 14 months old and younger. My twins were not yet walking.. That was the hardest part.
    The easiest thing was they were so young there wasn't much, if any, jealously.
    It was and still is hard but it is so much fun. My boys are best friends and many people ask us if they are triplets. You will love it! Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • My first two are 18 months apart. We had some rough moments but that was mainly me learning how to juggle two babies at once. You already have a slight advantage in that department since your first 2 are twins :) Once I was able to get the girls on a solid schedule, things got much easier. Now that my 2u2 are a bit older (DD1 turns 4 in less than a month and DD2 is almost 2.5), I love that they are so close in age.

Besides, if having 2u2 was so terrible, we wouldn't have decided to add another child to our family!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"