Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

pacifier

My LO is 4 weeks, how do I get her to take a pacifier. I try but she spits it out and cries so I stop. She comfort sucks a lot lately and wanted to give myself a little break.
thanks

Re: pacifier

• Options
    Maybe try a different brand to see if baby likes it....my son was not a fan of the hospital soother but liked mam pacifiers....
  • Options
    If she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it. You're not going to get her to take it more than likely. They either like it or they don't.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HFrizzle said:

If she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it. You're not going to get her to take it more than likely. They either like it or they don't.

This. I tried 3 different brands with him bc he also sucked all the time. I gave up on the pacifier and he stopped comfort sucking so much. Now at 12 weeks, he only does that before bed.

• Options
    My first DD never liked them and this one took to the soothie they gave her in the hospital. I use that one every now and then but some babies just don't like them period, I'd suggest as above to try another brand or two but if nothing works just know it's ok.
  • Options
    Try a couple of brands. Another shout out for MAM brand here as well. DS1 loved pacis until 9months, DS2 never liked them and DD has taken to them.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This. I tried 3 different brands with him bc he also sucked all the time. I gave up on the pacifier and he stopped comfort sucking so much. Now at 12 weeks, he only does that before bed.
    My son now at 9 weeks, always refused any brand of pacifiers, sucks on his fingers lately. Before getting to sleep he attached to my breast, even when he is full, and keeps it into his mouth as though it is a pacifier. Now it has become a trend for him. Though he may not be hungry, I took him to my breast and he sucks one or two and falls into sleep.
  • Options
    mon611mon611 member
    edited December 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"