High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

My sister

My sister just found out she is pregnant again.  She has had several miscarriages and had to have one D&C within the last couple years.  I am concerned that she will have a lot of trouble keeping this child, and that might destroy her.  Does anybody have any suggestions that I may pass along to her to hopefully help her keep this child?  Anything at this point would help.

Thank you!

Re: My sister

• Options
    Stay in bed as much as she can. Good luck to you and your sister.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Things that may help: start progesterone + baby aspirin right away, put herself on pelvic rest. Unfortunately, it's likely out of her control though
  • Options
    Tt2385 said:
    Stay in bed as much as she can. Good luck to you and your sister.

I'm a little confused by this...I'm all for bedrest depending on the situation, but from the OP it is not known why her sister has had multiple miscarriages.  Bedrest can be dangerous for a prolonged anount of time (depression, blood clots, muscle atrophy) so suggesting it for no apparent reason doesn't make sense.

OP, I'm very sorry for your sister's losses.  Has she had any testing done to find a possible cause?  How far along were her miscarriages?  Without knowing what is behind them, I agree with PP that starting progesterone as early as possible (through first tri) and being on pelvic rest (no sex, no orgasms) is the best she can do right now.  She may also want to see if she can be referred to an MFM (maternal fetal medicine) who will give her more monitoring.  T&Ps to her and your family.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Usually between 8 and 10 weeks.  She is currently between 4 and 5.  I will pass along suggestions to her. :)  How can she get progesterone?
  • Options
    Prescription by a doctor
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"