Working Moms

Time off for Christmas?

Who all is taking time off for Christmas? What days will daycare be closed?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Time off for Christmas?

• I get the 25th, 26th, and 1st off. I'm taking half a day on the 24th and the 30th (I have Fridays off so the 27th is my RDO). Daycare is closed from the 23rd to the 2nd but DH always takes that time off because he ends up with use or lose time at the end of the year. WFH with DH and both kids will be...interesting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• We only have off the 25th and the 1st. I am using vacation time to take off the 24th-27th. DC is closed 25th-1st so my mom will watch the kids Monday and Tuesday after Christmas. DH is taking the 24th and 26th off so he can rollover a couple extra vacation days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Office is closed dec 24 and 25 and Jan 1st. I took off Mon Dec 23 through jan 1st. So flipping excited to be off for 1.5 weeks!

DH gets off the 25th and the 1st. It's a new job, so I am not sure about the 24th, but I am sure they will let him out early.

Daycare is closing at 2pm on Dec 24 and closed the 25 and Jan 1.

I am keeping the kids home with me all next week bc I won't have to pay tuition if I keep them out the whole week (we get one weeks vacation each year).
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our daycare is only closed 6 days a year (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas day).  I'm off the next 2 weeks but we still have to pay since they aren't going to fill his spot if we don't send him, so next week I'll drop him off one day for a few hours so I can go meet my best friend's new baby and another day DH is taking the day off, so we'll drop DS off and go see a movie and have lunch.  Not sure if I'll drop him off at all the following week, depends on if I have things I need to do that I can't do with him.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm taking tomorrow through the 29th off. DC is only closed on the 24th and 25th I believe, but we'll be out of town.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Office is closed the 23-25 and I am taking the 26th. I have no idea when DC is closed since DD doesn't go much and I will get my grandmother or someone to watch her for 1 day. We only get the 1st off for new Year.
  • Office is closed 12/25 and 1/1.  DC is closing early on 12/24 and 12/31 and closed on 12/25 and 1/1.  DH and I are off from 12/24 - 1/1/  So excited!  We are keeping the kids out of DC to not pay the costs - we just submit our "vacation coupons".  Now to plan things to do so the kids don't get too bored with mom and dad. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm off all next week.  DD is going to daycare on Monday so I can clean and cook; we're hosting on Christmas Eve.  DD is also going to daycare on Friday so I can GO TO THE MOVIES!
  • I usually take quite a while off, I work at a college so it's a very slow time. This year we're not traveling so I'm just taking the time that the office is closed - Monday the 23rd through Wednesday the 1st. Daycare is closed as of this morning, DH is home with LO today and tomorrow and then we'll all be off together until after New Year's.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • DC is closed on the 24th, 25th, 31st and 1st. I'm only off on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, but am taking a half day on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and taking the day after Christmas off. I wish I could take the whole stretch off - that would be heaven!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Daycare is closed Dec. 23-27th, and Jan. 1st. His babysitter is watching him the 23rd, I'm off 24th/25th, DH is off 26th, and we fly to Alabama after that until the 31st. I'm off the 1st. He'll be back to DC on the 2nd.

Love paying $220 for two days.
  • DS will be in DC the 23rd and the 30th that its. DC is close the 25th and the 1st..but DH and/or I are off the rest of the days through the new year.

• Preschool is closed the 23rd-25th and the 31st-1st.  I'm taking off the 23rd with DD, but plan to work the rest of the year (other than the two holidays) because I have plenty to do.  (DH will cover the 24th, and hopefully he or my FIL can cover the 31st.)  I'm considering a Treat Yo Self day one of the days DD is in school, depending on how much work I can get done in the meantime.

imageimageimage
  • We get the 25th and the 1st off, too.  I still have over 2 weeks vacation time, so I'm taking 12/23-1/2 off.  I'm still losing a ton of days (we can't roll them), but nothing I can do about it.  DH gets 12/24, 12/25, 12/31, and 1/1 off as holidays, so he's taking enough vacation to stay home for the same days, and rolling the rest.

We'd hoped our nanny would work a couple of days here and there so we could get some work done around the house (and maybe sneak out for a date), but she just told us she's going to see her husband in another country.  Oh well!
  • Daycare isn't closed much but DS is out of school for two weeks. We will use vacation care at his school for a few days and put DD in daycare those days. So the 23,27,2,3. I'm taking the 24, 30, and 31 as PTO. 25 and 1 are paid holidays. DH will cover child care on 26. It's going to be a crazy two weeks.
  • Work is closed the 24th & 25th, 31st & 1st. DC is 1/2 day on the 24th, closed the 25th and 1st I think. We are heading out of town on Monday so we will be off for two weeks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both DC and my office are closed Dec 24 through Jan 1. Reopen Jan 2. DH's office is closed on furloughs the 23rd through the 1st. I'm going in to work a few hours on several days between Christmas and new year's to close up my projects (my last day is Jan 7) but DH will watch her during that time.
  • I am working 14 days straight (Dec. 16 to 29). Kids are going to school 12/23, and DH is taking off the rest of the week. I will be home with the kids 12/30-1/1.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • KL777KL777 member
    edited December 2013
    My job is closed 12/23 and opens back up on Jan 6th. DS goes back to school on Jan 2nd. Yes, I'm geeked! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"