Two Under 2
Options

Mirena or tubes tied

My lo just turned a year old this week and I'm due in April! We will have two girls!! We don't plan on having a third child, so the plan was for me to get my tubes tied. But my ob wants me to come back two weeks after I have the baby to get it done. But my husband really can't take off twice to help me out so my only other option right now is the mirena. I'm so confused on what to do! Me an hubby talk about it but he keeps saying whatever u want :/..

Re: Mirena or tubes tied

• Options
    I'd probably get the Mirena and then do the tubes tied (maybe Essure?) when the Mirena needs to be replaced.  We also have 2 girls and are done, but I want to wait to be 1000% sure  we never want another child before making a permanent move.  So I'm holding off on Essure for a couple years.  Just my opinion, though. 
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    What's essure?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd probably get the Mirena and then do the tubes tied (maybe Essure?) when the Mirena needs to be replaced.  We also have 2 girls and are done, but I want to wait to be 1000% sure  we never want another child before making a permanent move.  So I'm holding off on Essure for a couple years.  Just my opinion, though. 
    I wouldn't do Essure- they're finding many women having complications and the only thing they can do to reverse it if there are issues are a hysterectomy. There have been instances of 25 year olds getting hysterectomies because of complications with Essure...Just so you know. It sounds awesome but that would totally suck!

Personally I'm in the same situation- 2 girls in 15 months...I'm thinking I'm done but I don't know if I'm ready for the tubal so I'm thinking I'll give Mirena a shot. We'll see how it goes!

• Options
    Ya I think I'm gonna try mirena to!
  • Options
    Not to doubt your "two and through" sentiment but DH only wanted 2 then when DD2 was a year he was not opposed to 3rd so here we are.... many people regret permanent sterilization decisions so doing something that is effective and long term until your kids are old enough that you know you don't want to go back to the baby stage seems like a good idea to me.
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Options
    I'd go with BC for now. And when you are ready to do something permanent, i'd send him for a vasectomy. The recovery is so much easier and there are no side effects.

• Options
    personally I would get the mirena, just to be 100% sure and then get the tubes tied when it needs replaced.

We had 2 boys 13 months apart and I thought we were just done.

Then when the older one was almost 3 years old he was diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and a week later his brother. ( it is a fatal muscle wasting disease) 

Now we have a 7 month old girl and expecting baby number 4 in august. You just never know what might happen that might change the way you think about somethings in your life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"