1st Trimester
Options

These headaches are killing me!

Anybody else?  Probably doesn't help that I took a major spill in a parking lot today and hurt my back... but my head has hurt every night for like a week!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: These headaches are killing me!

• Options
    Are you taking anything for it? Sorry about your spill- that doesn't sound fun.
  • Options

imageagalnamedal:
    Are you taking anything for it? Sorry about your spill- that doesn't sound fun.

I've never been a big medicine person, so no, I'm not taking anything.  I usually just try to sleep it off.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to get really bad migraines and other than Tylenol, I would use Head-On (apply directly to the forehead! haha) I like to lay in bed and make it really dark and cold after taking a hot shower. Hope your headaches disappear soon!
  • Options
    Lately the only thing that has been working for me is Tylenol downed with a coke.  Take something...it's not worth being in pain for a week! 
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Options
    I am on day 9 of my headache! I hear ya! I saw my doc today and she gave me a scrpit for tyneol with codine.. I havent got it filled yet. She is sending me to a nerologist also. She just wants to make sure that something hasent gone on near my brain, but she also said it can just be the flair from the hormones. Ive tried everything I  know of, hot, cold, something sweet, caffine, nothing works. Im hopeful that maybe it will just go away. GL to you but definately call your OB!
  • Options
    I read somewhere that pg women are prone to more headaches.  I have been getting them frequently.  I normally don't take anything unless they get really bad, but I've noticed since being pg that they don't seem to just go away.  As hard as is to take something, I absolutely have tylenol on hand at all times!  I have spent several miserable days feeling ill + a headache and its just too much!  Take something!  You will feel much better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemrs_rodney:
    I read somewhere that pg women are prone to more headaches.  I have been getting them frequently.  I normally don't take anything unless they get really bad, but I've noticed since being pg that they don't seem to just go away.  As hard as is to take something, I absolutely have tylenol on hand at all times!  I have spent several miserable days feeling ill + a headache and its just too much!  Take something!  You will feel much better!

Thanks for the advice, and hey!  We have the same due date!  Congrats on your July 13th bundle to come!

• Options
    i didn't take any meds during my 1st pregnancy and i had the worst headache of my life for 2 weeks straight. ?after i toughed it out, i didn't get anymore. ?i'm already getting headaches with this pregnancy so who knows if i'll give in to tylenol. ?have your hubs give you a head massage :0)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Try acupuncture. ?I had awful migraines 1st tri with DD and toughed it out. ?This time I'm doing acupuncture adn it's helped immensely. ?It's decreased my nausea, too.
  • Options
    Ugh!  I hear you, sister!  I have been getting a headache every day around 1:00 pm for the last 2 weeks.  Most of the time i tough it out and feel somewhat better the next morning, only to have it return later that day.  I don't like the idea of Tylenol either, but it really has helped when I've taken it.  GL! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"