Nurseries and Baby Gear

please rec your crib mattress...

Do I need an expensive one or are the cheaper ones good too? TIA

Re: please rec your crib mattress...

• I have the Sealy Soybean Foam Core. I like it cause it's firm but lightweight and easy to move clean.  It's $86 on amazon.
  • bcnoelle said:

I have the Sealy Soybean Foam Core. I like it cause it's firm but lightweight and easy to move clean.  It's $86 on amazon.

We have this one too.

• Loading the player...
  • We also bought the Sealy Soybean Foam Core as recommended by Baby Bargains I believe.  FTM so haven't used it yet though.
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • I haven't used it, but the Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams is #1 on Amazon and only $50 and very highly rated on there.
    imageimage
  • ebie79 said:
    We also bought the Sealy Soybean Foam Core as recommended by Baby Bargains I believe.  FTM so haven't used it yet though.
    Did you just get the infant one or the one that's for both infant and toddler? I think there's about an $80 price difference between the two.

Thanks!

We used a Sealy Posturepedic crib mattress for our first 2 kids and its on DD's toddler bed now.  I can't tell any difference in the infant/toddler sides.  I also really can't tell a difference between this one and  the new Sealy Soybean (non-toddler) that we have in our crib now.  But I know that my mom paid more like $150 for the Posturepedic and I got the Sealy Soybean on sale on Amazon for about $65 so I say save the money and do the one without the toddler option.  I'm really beginning to think the whole crib mattress market is a scam anyway lol 

• We have the Naturepedic Organic Crib mattress. It's filled with organic cotton, so no polyurethane foam, which is horrible for anyone to breath in, let alone babies. The peace of mind was worth the splurge to us. And the mattress was made right near our hometown, so it's supporting local business. Win win.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have the Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Mattress and have found it perfectly sufficient. It's lightweight, so that makes it easy to change the sheets. And it was really affordable, less than $100.
    Loving life!
  • We also bought the Sealy Soybean Foam Core as recommended by Baby Bargains I believe.  FTM so haven't used it yet though.
    We too bought this. DD is 2 1/2 now and I love it. I'm buying it for #2 as well.

That price on Amazon is great! I paid $104 two years ago and thought that was great. I love how light it is. . . makes sheet changes an absolute breeze.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• We got the naturepedic too as recommended by baby bargains
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• We got the Sealy Baby - Ultra Rest crib and toddler bed mattress for our crib.  It was $69 at Walmart and it has fantastic reviews and has 204 inner springs which is great.

We got the Dream on Me Inner Spring Playard Mattress for our Grace pack n play.  We want to use the pack n play at night time since the nursery is downstairs and our master bedroom is upstairs.  I figured this would cut out a lot of running up and down the stairs all night long.
  • I got one from Dax Store online, it is organic cotton and wool, 252 coil innerspring, and upgraded with pillar supports. I thought it was a good option for what I was looking for, and a little cheaper than some of the other organic/natural options. It fits Nicely in Ikea Gulliver crib per one of my friends.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"