December 2012 Moms
Options

smoked salmon

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: smoked salmon

• Options
    I have given dd my dad's grilled salmon and she liked it. I think that is pretty similar. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hadn't really thought about it, but I will probably give LO a bit of smoked salmon with cream cheese as it'll definitely be around during the holiday season!

Re: Dried fruit, I have been giving DS raisins for a month or so, but DH doesn't like giving them to him as they come out still in one piece! :P  I was advised to ensure that he never ended a meal with dried fruit as it can become stuck in his teeth, which would essentially pack his teeth in sugar.  It's not a massive concern yet, but I thought I'd pass it along since I'd never heard it before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options

He hasn't had smoked salmon, but that doesn't mean he couldn't...I just haven't had it myself in the last year.  I would give it to him though.

Re: dried fruit, we do raisins and craisins and apricots, but you do have to be careful of the sugar and make sure you're brushing their teeth every night.  Molars are actually not the worst...our pediatric dentist said to make sure you're brushing behind the top four teeth carefully because that's where a lot of people miss and young kids get cavities, more often than not from raisins.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options

:)  Yes, I was referring to straight dried fruit also.  Not with added sugar.  There's A LOT of sugar in plain dried fruit.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    DD only has 2 bottom front teeth so we have not been doing dried fruit.  I bought frozen fruit instead, since it's picked when ripe and should taste better than a sad, out of season peach.  I also have been going for citrus and pineapple, both of which are in season now (I believe) and travel well.

As for smoked salmon, I see no reason not to give it to LO.  You might want to be careful with salmon smoke-cured at home, but the stuff you buy from a professional should be fine.  Enjoy!  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"