C-sections
Options

Second C section- what to know

Hello, 

I have my second c section scheduled for Jan 16, for those who had repeated c sections, any advice? I am getting worried. My first was not too bad, but it was painful recovery. 

thanks very much 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Second C section- what to know

• Options
    Second c/s is usually easier b/c you don't have to go through the drama of labor first! That said, be careful not to overdo it taking care of your older one or convincing yourself that this one should be "easier." I totally overdid it the second time and actually made my recovery take longer. With this one, I'm planning to have EXTRA help for the older 2 kids. Out of the house, b/c I know if they are here, I will be tempted to overdo it again. Take your pain meds and stay in the hospital as long as they allow. I swear, rushing home was the worst parenting decision I ever made!

• Options
    Thanks for the input, I will plan to take my dd out more with grandma, so I can recover in peace. Great idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had three and each one got easier. I have 3 years between each child so each was pretty independent by the time the next one came which was a huge help. I did take the pain meds longer with the third so I could function better. I also got a little smarter with each, with the first DH stayed at the hospital the whole time and we kept the baby the whole time. With the others, he stayed night one but left the other nights and baby went to the nursery. This let me go home so much better rested which was a big help also.
  • Options
    Disneygeek77Disneygeek77 member
    edited December 2013
    In a way the subsequent ones were easier because I knew what to expect and how to prepare.  I wouldn't say the pain was less though.

For example, constipation was the worst part for me, so by the time I had my third c/s I took a suppository because history showed that other methods didn't work out for me.  I also didn't put too much pressure on myself to recover faster and tried to take it easy.  
  • Options
    Both my first and second we're scheduled c-sections, so I never labored at all. However, my second was MUCH harder. My second pregnancy was also more difficult, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, and I also had my tubes tied.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I think I will have enough help with my dd to have time to recover, but we will have to wait and see. I hope it goes well. I have 27 days left. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you are ready before the scheduled date
    Get out of bed and walk around as soon as you can ( this helped so much)
    keep on top of your meds
    lots of fruit, juice, colace and walking help get things regular quick
    stay in the hospital as long as you can
    take it easy once you get home, your recover is more important then house work
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My 2nd was by far my easiest, 3rd was a little harder because #2 was only 22 months old and didn't understand mommy can't hold you. 

I agree with PP who mentioned walking around ASAP, I always made sure I did that and the only pain meds I took was Motrin before nursing because of those cramps. I really do think it was because I moved around so much! 

I do better when I'm at home so I always left as soon as I was allowed, I wanted my comfy bed and to see my babies all together. Try not picking up your 1st too soon I know it will be hard but you really don't want to hurt yourself.
    DD - '07 * DS- '09 * DS-'11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"