LGBT Parenting

our first TWW!

My wife and I did 2 back-to-back IUIs for our first cycle! I'm really excited to finally be "in the game" after all this preparation. Its been tough because OPKs and the fertility monitor haven't been working for us. They never get past high to show peak LH surge. However we've been going to the RE regularly since Sept and she's ovulated every month according to bloodwork, although not always on the same day of her cycle and her follicles are nice and big. :)

We triggered on Sunday PM and did our first IUI Monday AM, second this morning. As of this morning, she still hadn't ovulated. I know washed sperm only lives 12-24 hours so hopefully she'll O soon. Its day 17 of her cycle and and I'm kind of surprised she hasn't already.

So now we wait. Any advice for what we should do during this time?
- - - 
Me: 37  DW: 39 (carrier)
Together 11 years ~ Married 4 years
IUI #1 - Dec 2013 - Natural cycle, monitored, Ovidrel w/ one 19mm follicle on CD15, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm - BFP on 1/1/14 - natural mc on 1/31
IUI #2 - March 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 22mm follicle on CD11, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD12-13... BFN
IUI #3 - April 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 24mm follicle on CD13, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD14-15... BFP on 5/1/14 ... EDD: 1/10/15

Re: our first TWW!

• I read everything I could on the process of fertilization and could track day by day what could be happening. The TTW will drive you nuts!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Congrats on completing your first try.  FX this works for you.  As for surviving the TWW...keep busy and try not to read everything you can find online.  As I posted in a previous thread, you will inevitably find someone else out there who is having the same "symptoms" as you are and who ended up pregnant.  It truly can drive you a little crazy. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys! Truth is, because of all the difficulty pinpointing her O and the short lifespan of washed sperm, I am not super hopeful about this cycle (and not telling DW that). I am staying positive  but my expectations are low. I'm just so glad we're finally trying. Keeping it a secret is hard. We have so many friends that have done IUI and its really tempting to talk to them about it. Keeping our mouths shut and FX for now.
    - - - 
    Me: 37  DW: 39 (carrier)
    Together 11 years ~ Married 4 years
    IUI #1 - Dec 2013 - Natural cycle, monitored, Ovidrel w/ one 19mm follicle on CD15, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm - BFP on 1/1/14 - natural mc on 1/31
    IUI #2 - March 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 22mm follicle on CD11, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD12-13... BFN
    IUI #3 - April 2014 - Monitored, 100mg Clomid CD1-5. Ovidrel w/ one 24mm follicle on CD13, back-to-back IUI w/ donor sperm CD14-15... BFP on 5/1/14 ... EDD: 1/10/15

• I sucks- but avoid the internet TTC obsession. It can drive you nuts. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"