December 2012 Moms
Options

What would you do?

So my mom is planning something for birthday next month and I'm happy! :) I'm usually running around trying to plan things for people.
The thing is she's asked some last she works with if she'd watch Alivia. I guess this person watches kids a lot. Anyway. That's ok. I obviously want to meet her first and will decide if I like her. It's still REALLY weird to me to have someone random watch my baby. Only her grandmas and grandpas have ever watched her. The kicker is that her boyfriend "ALWAYS" goes with her. They are in their 20's so it's not like they are 15 or anything which is what my mom keeps telling me but I just feel really weird about that. They both work with my mom and she told me today they are making him a manager soon...I guess that's supposed to make me feel better?? Anyway I keep telling my mom that I'm unsure about this. Before I push it too hard...I wanted to get your opinions...
1.would you let (after meeting them both) this lady and her boyfriend watch your baby?
2. Am I the only one that thinks it's really strange that she has to bring her boyfriend and that he always goes with her when she babysits??
3. am I over reacting?
I might have to start looking around for someone else to watch her if this doesn't work out. The other grandma and my BFF are joining us for my bday so I can't ask them.

Thanks for your advice!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I would probably have just said no, that's ok to begin with and told her that I would find someone to watch her and not to worry about it. Now that its kind of drawn out for a little while though it is probably a little more complicated... I don't think its a big deal about her boyfriend being there (though its a little odd that they don't do anything seperately...), but personally, I would want to be the one finding someone I knew and was comfortable watching DD.

Ok. Yeah she came to me with " I'm planning something for your birthday and already found someone to watch the baby"
    DH really doesn't like the idea of some random guy here but it's a random girl too. I'm more curious if it's normal for people to babysit in pairs like that. I used to babysit a lot and never would have dreamed of bringing my boyfriend
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As long as you meet the people and feel comfortable with them I think it's fine. If u get a creepy feeling after meeting them, then I would say no. Dh still comes to visit me at work a lot and I babysit, the kids love him but they are older. Maybe she wants company, after the baby goes to bed. If your mom knows them it's not like a total random stranger. We have to put some trust in other people other than family members. I need to do this myself on tues nights instead of scrambling for a sitter every Tuesday. As long as u meet them and have them come over and meet the baby and you get a good vibe then I would be ok with it, but good luck whatever you decide it's your baby and u should feel 100% comfortable :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I used to bring DH with me to baby sit or he'd come later if he was working. It was nice to have an extra pair of hands and someone to be with when the kid/s went to bed. Plus I'm a totally paranoid, someone's going to get me, person.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I had a girl watch our DD the evening of our wedding, and she brought her mom for the same reasons Minervacullen mentioned. I didn't mind, as I figured two are better than one. I think I'd feel differently if they were 15 or something, but I think it's probably okay.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"