January 2014 Moms
Options

Ugh Christmas surprises ruined :(

I LOVE being surprised at Christmas. It's probably my favorite part about the gift giving, the being surprised and trying to surprise others. Well, poor DH....first he was going to get me a kindle fire then as he was researching it, a video popped up while I was on the room loudly proclaiming the merits of the newest kindle fire thus informing me what he was getting me. So DH changed his game plan and decided to get me something else. He ordered it on Friday and it got here like 20 minutes ago. Now I knew that what he got me was pretty expensive and at first I wasn't going to even look out the door at it, but then I thought that if there was any indication of what it was on the box it should be covered up so nobody tries to steal it. So I decided to cover it up with a sheet, but the UPS person put it on the opposite side of the door than I had thought so when I opened the door, there it was in all it's glory with VitaMix plastered on all four sides! I'm so disappointed that I saw. He worked SO hard to keep it a secret. I'm not gonna tell him that I know what it is but I suck at feigning surprise. Sorry, totally not baby related. I had to tell someone though. Anyone else unwillingly know what they're getting for Christmas? This is such a stupid first world problem, I realize.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh Christmas surprises ruined :(

• Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Same thing happened to me Saturday... My Pandora bracelet is supposed to be a surprise but I saw the "Pandora Club" sheet in DH's truck. Granted I don't know which bracelet and what charms he picked but I feel bad that I know the gift. I am horrible at acting surprised so Id rather it be a complete surprise. Kudos to out great husbands for being so thoughtful though :)
  • Options
    Aww! Poor guy!! I have a tendency of figuring out gifts. It's awful because I really DON'T try. I go out of my way to not see/think about/ talk about gifts with my hubby because I always end up figuring it out. I really, really hate it. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mj0413 said:
    Aww! Poor guy!! I have a tendency of figuring out gifts. It's awful because I really DON'T try. I go out of my way to not see/think about/ talk about gifts with my hubby because I always end up figuring it out. I really, really hate it. :(

Me too! H is the worst at surprises lol I always figure them out. For example, 4 years after the fact H still thinks his proposal was a surprise. Nope. I had known his plans for over a week lol And I will take that confession to the grave, he doesn't need to know.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    The ONLY reason I thought it might be safe to go out there (with a sheet covering my face) was because he said he clicked the "this is a gift" button when he ordered it. Obviously this button means nothing.

• Options
    I am that little kid on Christmas EVERY year who shakes gift boxes and I even ask DH what size bag or box my gift fits in to try and figure it out. I can't help it..the excitement just overtakes me!  I have also been known on occasion to look in DH's dresser drawers for jewelry boxes but I haven't done that in a loooooong time.  I'm not even sure we are exchanging gifts this year given all the baby stuff we shelled out for.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Options
    @Lugal623 I imagined you finishing your post then running off to rifle through your DH's drawers. ;)

• Options
    @KEfam5 if only I were home!  I may have to rifle through them later ;)  just to be sure he didn't get me anything like we said!
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Same thing happened to me Saturday... My Pandora bracelet is supposed to be a surprise but I saw the "Pandora Club" sheet in DH's truck. Granted I don't know which bracelet and what charms he picked but I feel bad that I know the gift. I am horrible at acting surprised so Id rather it be a complete surprise. Kudos to out great husbands for being so thoughtful though :)
    OMG, I love my Pandora bracelet. The fact that you have no idea what's on it is kind of fun. DH surprises me with a random charm here and there. I have one spot left on my bracelet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the edelweiss charm.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    mj0413 said:

Me too! H is the worst at surprises lol I always figure them out. For example, 4 years after the fact H still thinks his proposal was a surprise. Nope. I had known his plans for over a week lol And I will take that confession to the grave, he doesn't need to know.
    DH thinks his proposal was a surprise too and I totally knew. I don't even try, he's just horrible at secrets or being sneaky (which is a good thing!). @Deblondie1
    imageimage

• Options
    We're the opposite. My DH is great at surprises, I'm usually the one that ruins them by leaving something out or not being sneaky enough. DH even tries extra hard to not find presents and things because I stink at it so badly.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

J14's January Signature Challenge: Favorite Post-Delivery Indulgence

Our little Princess is due 1.29.14
  • Options
    @kefam5
    We share bank accounts. And i was dumb and forgot that this month I usually don't check up on it.
    I saw everything he ordered for me online.. But, I am keeping my mouth shut too. Hahaha
    The massage envy membership for a year will come in handy after this pregnancy though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Let me preface, I thought I knew what I was getting for my birthday, but ended up with a funny surprise.
    SO and I have been talking for months about looking on getting a tablet and with my birthday coming up I thought he was going to get it. On my birthday, he had to work so he left a beautiful present bag on the bed while I was sleeping. When I woke up, I thought it was the tablet we discussed! I opened it up and it was coffee mug of our Bible scripture.......................... That was a surprise. I love the coffee mug, but I learned you should never expect anything haha.
  • Options
    lmills730 said:
    mj0413 said:

DH thinks his proposal was a surprise too and I totally knew. I don't even try, he's just horrible at secrets or being sneaky (which is a good thing!). @Deblondie1
    So my DH specifically told me he wasn't proposing since I knew we were doing something I had told him I thought would be cool to do for a proposal (carriage ride through Central Park) - it was our plan for my birthday to go to NYC and sight see and take a carriage ride. And his reasoning for why he wasn't proposing yet was valid...so I stopped thinking thats what was going to happen..then he pulled out the ring in the middle of the carriage ride and I was like "what are you doing?!?"..lol..he really wanted it to be a surprise..

But for Christmas presents we both suck at surprises. We get too excited if we even think of something that would surprise the other person..I don't think we've ever really made it to Christmas without already having our presents. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"