January 2014 Moms
Options

i.caved.

I caved :( I had a BIG piece of my shower cake this morning.....I COULDNT HELLLLLP IT! And is was SO.GOOD!

My GD is diet-controlled....so maybe Ill stick to salad and chicken the rest of the day lol. I feel kind of bad...but I have been CRAVING something sugary!!

Any of you GD women cheat yet?

That's all :) I feel better now that I confessed my "sin."

Wont happen again!

Re: i.caved.

• Options
    Good for you for being so passionate about following your GD diet (coming from a certified diabetes educator). But -- it's ok to splurge here and there and enjoy your shower cake :) no "sin" committed! Hope it was yummy! 
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Options
    I want some!!!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had a post a week or so ago about this.  Worst diet day ever - I even ate poor DS lunch becasue he was sleeping!  Just jump back on the wagon and give yourself a pat on the back for normally being really good about it.

• Options
    Oh yeah! I had shower cake 2 days in a row (I didn't eat the icing, lol if that matters) and 1 day last week I had spicy Chinese noodles and it was amazing! My BS went through the roof as well. :-(
    Got my cravings fixed for the moments but for the most part I stick to the diet.
  • Options
    If I had a tasty slice of cake in my house there is no way I'd be able to leave it alone!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No shame, mama. I cheat occasionally too. It's so hard right now during the holiday season to always be good, and cheating once or twice is not going to harm our babies. 

Rojovol34: 17 weeks?! You deserve a medal. I've only had to play the carb-counting game since about 28 weeks, and it feels like forever! 
    photo 0a111d87-1cb3-47f5-8aa1-0147aa23f6aa.jpg
  • Options
    I have such bad baby brain today that I read this and I was literally wondering what kind of cake you had that could be eaten in the shower... wouldn't it be soggy... sigh..
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I cheat every now and then too. My dietician did say with the holidays and such that if you're going to cheat (I mean, who doesn't every now and then?), to do it with your meal so the carbs break down with the rest of the meal, instead of separately. Don't make your body work harder than you have to type thing. Does that sound right @gina0485 or was she just telling me that so I wouldn't eat too much cake and cookies? ;)
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    It has been getting harder and harder to not cheat...and I've only been on the diet for eight weeks!!  I definitely cheat about once a week...nothing too bad...usually it is a mocha frappacino type drink.  I did have 1/2 a cupcake last week...

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"