LGBT Parenting
Options

It's TTT! Ten Things Tuesday!

Hi all!
Share 10 things. Any 10 things. Long or short. TTC,etc. or not. Your top 10 flavors of donuts. Whatever you like!

And...go!

(p.s. I'm on the east coast so I'm excited to start the thread for the first time evah!)
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: It's TTT! Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    1. I'm in NC but working so much I doubt I'll get to see much of it.
    2. I still am waking up and thinking "what's going on in my life...something big....oh I'm pregnant!"
    3. I'm so.effing.tired. The whole 3 hour time difference is just enough to make the morning miserable, even if you "sleep in" until 8 here.
    4. I cannot wait to get home Thursday and settle in for the holidays. I'm taking the week of Christmas off, plus 12/31 and 1/1. So, looking forward to a break! I have hoarded so much vacation for additional mat leave that I will lose about 30 hours of it if I don't use it by 12/31. Whoops.
    5. Speaking of, I need to dig into that again, but I had it figured out to take 6 months off, which I plan to do. I figure, we'll be a little broke - but it's precious time you can't get back. Plus, I love not working as much as I love working. I'm weird that way.
    6. My wife is from the south and directed me to go to Waffle House and order a very specific breakfast that is her favorite: eggs with cheese, raisin toast with apple butter, bacon. Meanwhile I'm like "but where's the waffle in that??"
    7. I'm excited for Christmas...of course, I remember last year hosting Christmas eve dinner and being pregnant and so excited that this year I'd have a baby! Alas. I'm feeling a little 'rinse and repeat' being that the timing is so close to last year (due date is 9 days earlier).
    8. My dad shipped me a giant ham for Christmas dinner! It was very sweet and thoughtful of him, kind of sentimental in a way. So, I'm making ham for Christmas instead of my personal tradition of Cranberry Braised Pork Shoulder.
    9. It's so warm in NC. Not that Seattle has been all that cold - but it's going to be like 70 this week I think!
    10. I'm so excited for so many people on the board, and also on my other board, Third Party Repro (since I used donor eggs too I hang there) - two of my longtime faves over there just had successful u/s' yesterday, plus my pal ball.and.chain is 5 weeks ahead of me - happy times on The Bump. My wife reminded me last night: "Honey, it's a numbers game. Our number was finally up." True. That.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826KH826 member
    edited December 2013

1. Today is my last work day of the year!!! I am on vacation until January 2nd starting at 5pm tonight. I totally cannot contain my excitement!

2. 16w today, and I don't know if it is just the shirt that I am wearing or what, but I am bumpin for sure. We took a bump picture this AM before I left for work (more likes 10 pictures actually -- hey, I like options). I may or may not PIP it on Thursday... I shall think about it...

3. Decaf coffee is now back in my life. I started drinking it sporadically about a week or two ago, but for the last 2 days I have had a little 8 oz cup from the keurig with breakfast. Sometimes I only drink half and then I just have no interest in finishing it. So strange how my tastes have changed. I was a true coffee-a-holic pre-TTC. It was not unusual for me to have 4+ cups a day (and that included some big cups!). I gave up caffeine last February-ish when we started TTC, and I switched to decaf. When I got pregnant, coffee totally turned me off, and I didn't even want decaf. Now I seem to have limited interest, but some interest nonetheless in small quantities of decaf. I wonder if I will ever go back to be a coffee lover post-pregnancy...

4. Aside from a few stocking stuffers that I still want to get for my wife, I am done with Christmas shopping. I have not; however, wrapped a darn thing. That is on my list for later this week. Maybe Thursday... I think Thursday I will wrap presents bake a little and watch Christmas movies. Have I mentioned that I am super excited to be on vacation?!?!?! :)

5. This coming weekend through Christmas is going to be a total whirlwind. On Friday night my brother-in-law and his wife are having a Christmas party at their new house. They live about an hour away, in the same town as my wife's parents. We are planning to go up there on Friday and spend the weekend at my wife's parents' house. We have the Christmas party on Friday night, then on Saturday night my wife's parents are having a party at their house. Then on Sunday morning we are exchanging presents with my wife's family, and then we are all going to see Elf the Musical together and then going out to dinner after. Monday is our OB appointment, and immediately following that we are driving to Boston. We have an action-packed itinerary Monday-Thurs of next week at my mom's house to see family, etc. Then, we are driving back home, probably on Friday of next week. Whew! I am tired just thinking about it!

6. Based on the above, I will likely check in periodically on my iPad, but I might be largely MIA from the board for a little while. We shall see...

7. It is a little strange to think that this is going to be our last Christmas without kids. I am still not sure that this has really sunken in that we are going to be parents in less than 6 months. The whole thing is kind of surreal. Don't get me wrong, we are thrilled, but I still just don't believe it some days.

8. I have a lot of work to do today to wrap things up for the end of the year, but I have close to zero motivation to do any of it. I feel like a kid right before summer vacation and the last day of school.

9. While I am very much looking forward to all of our planned travels to see family for the holidays, I am not looking forward to sleeping (or trying to sleep) in a bed other than my own. I have found that since getting pregnant, sleeping anywhere other than my own bed is super difficult. I particularly hate the bed in the guest room at my mom's house. It feels a bit like sleeping on a slab of granite. I have actually contemplated moving to the couch in the family room instead, but I don't want my mom to be offended.

10. I hope all of my bump friends here are going to be able to take some time off for the holidays and enjoy some time with family and friends! Happy Happy, everyone! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1)  My cats (all six of them - yes, stereotypical dykes) are being exceptionally cuddly this morning.

2)  I need to start work on my dissertation.  Instead I play on Facebook.

3)  We're in the middle of moving and my house is a disaster.  I had the wife leave the Wii hooked up so I can do my weekly weigh in.  She did, but she packed up the Wiimote!  Heh.  Guess I'll miss a weigh in (the Wii will move over to the new house sometime this week).

4)  I'm excited to fly out to NC to see my folks later this month.  It's my mom's 60th birthday and my brother's birthday present to her is to surprise her by flying me out.  Rawr.

5)  I want a Star Trek transporter.  Moving would be so much easier.

6)  My vitamins almost made me barf this morning.

7)  I am eyeing some Star Trek themed onesies on Amazon.

8)  My wife talking to my belly is adorable.

9)  Thinking of 10 things is hard when I am under-caffeinated.

10)  I should probably be doing something more productive right now.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    1. I promise my entire TTT will not be negative.  But I have to say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  I had really scary anxiety dreams about people that I know in real life and I woke up very distraught.  I hate it when that happens :-(
    2. I also woke up and checked my phone and had an alert from my bank about my account. One of the families I babysit for paid me last week and their check to me bounced!  I have never had this happen before and I am pissed!  The mom text me over the weekend and basically blamed me for the check bouncing.  I provided services for you, you paid me, it is not my fault you didn't have the money in your account.  So now I have to hope they are going to reimburse me the money, but I seriously doubt I am going to get the fees back my bank charged me
    3. I think I am done complaining now :-)
    4. I am 7dpiui and I have no clue if it took or not.  I am trying not to think about it too much.  The second part of the TWW is always the hardest!
    5. I can't believe that Christmas is a week from tomorrow!  I haven't bought anything for anyone else besides my wife.  I can't decide of I am going to buy for my mom and sister this year.  My sister told me not to buy for her and my mom knows we are putting all of our finances into ttc and preparing for foster kids.
    6. We had a great meeting with our case worker at the foster agency last week.  We are literally just waiting on a call to go pick up a child or multiple children.  
    7. I spent almost two hours last night driving around picking up stuff for our foster kids.  People are so generous and have donated a ton of stuff to us like clothes and toys.  We are lucky and blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.
    8. I am ready to say good bye to 2013.  This hasn't been the worst year, but it could have been better.  It was definitely a 'rebuilding' year.   There wasn't too many major 'crisis' and we were really able to have quality time together and work on ourselves and our relationship.  We also did a friend cleanse and I love the good friends we have now.
    9. I am not a big fan of all the depressing commercials this time of year.  The children in the hospital, the poor animals or the homeless.  I know all of these sad facts exist, but it really makes me sad to see these commercials over and over.
    10. I am lucky to babysit the most adorable baby full time.  He is finally crawling which is super adorable, but now the fun really starts!

I hope everyone has a great day and week!!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    @2mamazinseattle- I love the fact that you said "evah"...that is a term my best friend and I ALWAYS use! 

1. I'm thrilled for all of the super exciting and positive news on the board! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for @trisholio that she will be able to join in the positive tests this cycle. 

2. My cycle is completely wonky this month and I'm on CD 46 today. It's the longest cycle since I started charting over a year ago. I'm thankful we were sitting this one out, but I'm just frustrated because I am doing everything I can to get things in check. I've lost 3 pounds by working out and drastically reducing any form of sugar (sugar or carbs), so I feel good, but still, no AF. 

3. My acupuncturist has decided she wants me to take this week off from Chinese Herbs. She wants to get a baseline of my temps and chart without any intervention. Without my second dose of herbs last night, I woke with a temp of 95.91. Maybe that means AF is on her way? She did start me on a supplement called Gymnema to assist with reducing the sugar in my body. Now, my blood sugar has always been stable, but as a PCOS patient, she wants to add this to the metformin to see if it helps with my cycle at all. We will see. 

4. We have been lucky enough to see a lot of snow here in Michigan this past week, and I love it! After the first big snow ended, the wife and I went outside and played in it. It was so fun! We hope to try cross country skiing and snow shoeing this winter, so bring on the snow!

5. I miss my bff dearly. She lives in Ohio and we haven't seen each other in a while. Our schedules just never line up anymore :(

6. Our Christmas shopping is complete for all of our family members, but I still have to shop for my wife. I can handle that. 

7. As an early birthday gift, my wife surprised me with tickets to see Jillian Michaels when she comes to town in March. I am absolutely excited for this! Jillian's teachings have been life changing for me, so this is a big deal. I love my wife for this :) 

8. I'm ready to spend Christmas without anyone but my wife at this point. Our families are literally pulling us in 10 different directions and have been doing so for weeks. It is exhausting. 

9. I'm ready to start ttc again in January...come on AF!

10. I hope everyone has a great day!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

1. I live in Kansas City, MO. Grew up here but left for a few years to STL then came back for my family.

2. I have 2 sisters, Shannon (20) and Peyton (16).

3. I have a 4 month old puppy named Boots who is a boston terrier and boxer mix. And a 6 year old Sharpei, husky, pitbull, and rottwiler mix named Lucky.

4. I am a honeymoon baby. My parents got married in late april, i was born early feb, 9 months later.. And after 23 years of marriage they are still together despite the fact that my dad was diagnosed with bipolar. (although my feelings toward the situation is that my mom should have left a long time ago, but there is a whole dif time for that story)

5. Im the heaviest i have ever been, but im trying to lose weight. its a struggle every day.

6. I work for a bank as tech support but have a degreen in Sign Language interpreting.

7. I didnt come out or accept myself until i was 21.

8. Ive played softball my whole life (stereotypical lol) but didnt play for a college although i could of because i wanted to pursue my sign language degree (offered at very limited places)

9. Since i was a very little girl the only thing ive ever really wanted was to be a mom and cannot wait for that day!

10. I got with my S/O to get over my ex, not looking for anything serious. but here we are a year and a half later. We got a puppy together, live together and are now planning for a baby.

• Options

1) Today is Tuesday - which means 3.5 days until a two week break!  Woo!

2) Christmas is coming.  Like @GoaliesWife123 I'd rather just spend the holiday with C because our families are being jerks about everything and I'm totally over it.  Guilt trips are absolutely not welcome this time of year, yet this is when they are most rampant, it seems.  It is truly impossible to please everyone so I'm just going to let it go.  As long as I'm with C, that's really all I care about at this point.

3) This is weird but I've been thinking about breast feeding a lot.  I really, really want to do it and I hope I can but I'm afraid I won't be able to.  I read an interesting article from the HP about a woman who was struggling and ultimately decided to use formula.  I wonder how hard it will be for me.  Being obese, I've heard it can be tougher to get your baby to latch and I worry about how I'll feel if it takes several days for my milk to come in and watching my baby suffer as a result.  I suppose I'll do more research when my time comes.  I'm getting ahead of myself :)

4) I have a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner - yum!

5) I've got a long agenda today but all I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep.

6) I think it's the weather that's doing this to me.  It's been wet and grey and cold for weeks, it feels like.  We had that nasty snow storm almost 2 weeks ago and nasty brown snow is still clinging to the streets and making the sidewalks icy.  It sucks.

7) All that makes me grateful for our cruise planned in February.  We're going to the Bahamas!!!  I'm so excited!!!  I will be so over winter at that point - even more so than I already am. 

8) I hope my cycle stays on track so I can have my next IUI before the cruise, or else I'll miss yet another cycle and won't be able to try again until March...

9) I hope I find the motivation to get all my work done.  I'm just so wiped out.  I had a hard time sleeping because C took an epic nap from 7 pm to 10 pm and was really hyper from 11 pm to 2 am and kept me up because she kept sighing and flipping around in bed.  I need to remember to NOT let her do that again.  I should know better.

10) Better get cracking!  Happy Tuesday, everyone!

• Options
    KH826 said:

We took a bump picture this AM before I left for work (more likes 10 pictures actually -- hey, I like options).

This sounds totally familiar!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. I can not believe how close Christmas is! I feel somewhat ready but I still need to finish making my sisters gift.

2. For over a decade now my siblings and parents and I have been doing a christmas gift exchange where we have to choose a name and make our person a gift. Now all of our spouces are included as well...so fun!

3. I have been really "bored" lately. I am not used to being alone all day, and I'm certainly not used to not working. I'm trying to tell myself to enjoy it while it lasts bc once baby arrives down time will be a thing of the past...but I at least need to find some local friends to socialize with a bit.

4. I absolutely adore my four sisters, and wish I saw them more often. They are all younger than me..April (25), Autumn (23),Ashlyn (17), Arinn ( 15)..I can't believe how old they are all getting!

5. I don't know what to do about our dogs....they are so spiteful and I just don't have the patients for their shenanigans these days. They were DWs dogs who were SO spoiled by Dw and her ex...then I came into the picture.They seem jealous STILL and do things out of spite. For example yesterday I had to lock them in the bedroom during my home visit with the midwife and when I went in to get them afterwards they had peed a huge puddle right inside the door which of course i stepped right in.They get mad and do these things often...so frustrating.

6. I decided I wanted to bake cookies today... I decided to get the premade cookie dough bc I just don't have the energy to bake from scratch today lol....so lame...lol

7. My little tenant is getting stronggg...I swear it was head butting me last night. Crazy little thing :)

8. DW has been taking a ukulele building class and last night was her last class, one last lab to go and she will be done. She always loves taking these classes and I look forward to seeing her finished product

9. Looks like I may need to go out and shovel the sidewalks agaib today....silly snow.

10. Does anyone have any favorite homemade dog treat recipes? I am making homemade dog toys and treats for my sisters digs for xmas :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @wallace323 I agree! I am flexible these days...so you just let me know when is good for you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. I am abundantly happy for all the good news on the board recently, and I went back and forth about saying anything because I don't want my sadness to come across as anger... BUT... sometimes it is hard to see all of this wonderful news when you don't get to own much of it. We have gotten to see so many people "get there" this year and we are still waiting and waiting.... Sometimes I am okay, and then other times I am just sad.

2. Yesterday was CD1 for me! (This is the good type of CD1, that you wait for so you can get the party started, not the bad type of CD1 that you hope never comes) So here we go again. looking at my chart, we may have a NYE or NYD IUI... Exciting and scary...

3. At work yesterday I spent the day planning a "Kitchen Chemistry" program for early January. I perfected a water density experiment (using salt and water) and created a beautiful rainbow tube that I will attempt to PIP from my phone. Sometimes I think I want to start a business where I do "Magic Science" presentations at kids birthday parties... Do you think anyone would be into that?

4. At our work holiday party on Friday, everyone was given an award, and even after being married for 15 months (and only working here for 3 weeks before that) the stupid certificate still had my unmarried name on it. I was IRRATE. I work for organization that claims to respect diversity and understanding, yet I get no partner benefits... on top of all this they choose to disregard my LEGAL name even though I have told them on several occasions it needs to be changed. I wanted to cry... but I didn't.

5. The holidays are coming too fast! A and I are hosting Christmas for the first time EVER at our house and I am OVER THE MOON EXCITED! However, we are not ready... and have been scrambling for the last two days.

6. Due to number of 5, I am taking an additional vacation day on Thursday. So tomorrow will be my last day of work until after New Years!! There are many that make working for a non-profit hard.... (the pay, politics, crappy insurance, long hours, etc.) But our vacation time is amazing!

7. I have been hitting the gym like a crazy person. Yesterday I shoulder pressed more weight than I have ever done in my life! That was pretty exciting... However, I am not losing any weight and that is getting frustrating to me...

8. Tonight A and I are going to see "The Hobbit" to celebrate my birthday, and then we are going to sushi to celebrate her Master's! We love to do both of these things, and they are both comforting when you struggled with fertility, because once you have a baby you can't go to the movies very often, and when you are pregnant you can't eat sushi. Its the little things that get us through... Also, we give most of our date night theme names and tonights is "Sush-it" (mix between sushi and Hobbit.)

9. A made my 30th birthday sooo special! We woke up and she had planned a whole "Choose Your Own Adventure" in Louisville (where we met). Here were the adventures in order: 1. Heine Bros Coffee (a local coffee shop in Louisville that we frequented when we lived there. I haven't had caffeine in a long time and it was amazing) 2. Baby D's Bagels (a local bagel shop where I got an Italian Meat bagel called the "Pitino" 3. Trip to find new snow boots. 4. Watching Louisville basketball game WITHOUT any grumbling from A. 5. Hors d'oeuvres with my parents and made from scratch cocoa (holy yum). 6. Trip to Mark's Feed Store with my parents, sister and grandparents (an amazing BBQ place in Louisville that has world famous honey wings and buttermilk pie). She also gave me a raincheck to see the Hobbit (which we are doing tonight).

10. OH man... I was sooo sad when I started this post and now I feel so thankful for all the great things we have going on. I am a firm believe in scriptotherapy...

Hope everyone is doing well and those who are still struggling with TTC can find some peace this holiday season! Good vibes to everyone!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    @wallace323 - thanks! I'll PM you.

@doodah1013 - in regards to #1, your feelings are totally understandable. I was in your shoes last Christmas. On NYE I cried and hoped that 2013 would bring us a baby. Your and A's time will come. Hoping 2014 is your (and many other people on this board) year!
  • Options
    1. We found out yesterday that my stepmom only has weeks left to live
    2. I've cried more since yesterday when I found out than I probably ever have
    3. I hate cancer
    4. I plan on driving to visit her everyday after work until I can't anymore
    5. Enough sad thoughts....we finally got a Christmas tree last night and put lights on it. We only have like 5 ornaments so it's a little scraggly looking. 
    6. One of our dogs was terrified of the Christmas tree, she's a strange one
    7. I worry about the effects of all this sadness on the baby
    8. I haven't bought or made a single Christmas present and I can't imagine when we'll have the time.
    9. We got a letter from the cryobank yesterday. Our donor stopped donating and has limited vials left. They said if we want to buy vials for a sibling we need to let them know soon. 
    10. I have no idea how we are going to afford this, but we will somehow. 

Sorry for being a downer today.  

• Options
    @redrockmama - I am so sorry to hear about your step mother. This is a very difficult time of year to be losing someone, or struggling with family illnesses. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. We've started calling our baby Hermie. I'm not sure why, but I think it came from the dentist elf on Rudolph. Sometimes weird things just stick when you aren't expecting it.

2. My wife had a dream last night that she found out Hermie was a boy and he was, ahem, extremely well-endowed. Oddly, she was seeing this on an ultrasound while I was not present.

3. I was snoring so loudly last night, my wife had to sleep in the guest room. This is not normal for me (and I don't have a cold), so she is blaming Hermie. Sorry honey!

4. It is snowing outside. Again. It's nice snow right now, but it supposed to get heavy just in time for the evening commute. Lovely.

5. I'm jealous of those of you taking a bunch of time off at the holidays. I never do because we don't travel for the holidays and work is so slow then that it seems like a waste, but I could really use some time off right now. We've been busy every weekend and I just want to sleep in and rest all day!

6. I still have a fair amount of Christmas shopping to do. It feels overwhelming. I'll do the rest of it online, but that means I have to move quickly to have stuff shipped in time. Plus the people who are left are the ones I can't figure out, which is why they aren't finished yet. And I also have to do two stockings which is kind of time-consuming.

7. I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with things to say today.

8. My sister is having hip surgery in February. She is single, has a dog she won't be able to walk and a manual-transmission car she won't be able to drive, and lives in a second-floor apartment (no elevator). Right now the plan is to have her stay with us, but our house is not ideal for convalescence (and we can't take her dog). I also think I'm going to end up trading cars with her for a while, because I'm one of the only other people in the family who can drive stick.

9. Hopefully she can pay us back with babysitting later!

10. Already thinking about my afternoon cereal snack, and I just finished lunch.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    @redrockmama - I am so sorry to hear about your stepmother. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 19... I absolutely hate cancer, too.

1. I have to make this quick because I'm expecting a client in about 20 minutes.

2. I am SO excited to be taking the next 2 weeks off. I really struggle with taking time off because I'm self-employed, so any vacation I take is essentially unpaid. We could use the $$$... but I could use the break, too.

3. I'm getting frustrated with my sister. There is so much garbage in her room. How hard is it to take empty pop bottles out to the recycling?!

4. More sister griping: she leaves her laptop anywhere and everywhere. The other day, she left it on the dining room table and didn't move it when I asked her to. So I set the place setting on top of the laptop... and she still didn't move it. Just ate on top of it. I made a comment about it during dinner and she said "It was just gonna go back there afterwards anyway." I quietly raged inside. Apparently, so did Smurf. My sister really needs to get her act together. Oh, and maybe pay us some rent. That would be nice. Ugh.

5. We bought a rocking chair on the weekend! Just needs a new cushion, but that's not hard to find. Will be great when we finally have a baby :)

6. Still super sluggish after being off the pill. I wish I knew what was up with that.

7. It's been SO COLD here lately.

8. I finally have a hair appointment on Friday. So excited. It's been two months... I NEVER go that long.

9. I have my meditation circle again tonight!

10. I should probably go salt the walk so my client doesn't slip...

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options
    1. I'm new on the Bump
    2. My wife is flygirl1228
    3. I didn't tell her I was joining the bump so I'm wondering when she will see my post, she's been trying to get me into it since we started TTC in January!
    4. I had a very tough time this year dealing with not getting pregnant, which is why I'm just now getting on the bump. Everything about babies and being pregnant was too hard to deal with, as I'm sure many of you know, but I'm very happy to be joining now :).
    5. My wife is amazing at giving injections, they don't even hurt. In fact one day I was ready for the injection but decided I wanted to change positions so I said "just a sec, I want to move" and she said "NOOOO, it's already in!" Lol, she's so good at them that I don't even realize it's happening half the time!
    6. We have started calling our baby Chicken. Not sure exactly why but it's kind of stuck.
    7. I am now 4 weeks 5 days pregnant, but it still doesn't feel real, and I am so afraid something is going to go wrong. But my wife keeps reassuring me that everything is going to be fine.
    8. I started knitting a baby blanket before I got pregnant for good luck. I thought if I were to knit a baby blanket a baby would come! And it sure did!
    9. We have a lot of pets! 2 dogs, 2 cats and 7 lovely chickens! I guess that is kind if where the nickname for our baby came from.
    10. I'm looking forward to my belly getting huge! I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's growing yet, but still don't see a difference!
  • Options
    @redrockmama - so sorry to hear about your stepmom, I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts & prayers.

1. This morning started off rough with a huge migraine and neck pain. I ended up taking Tylenol, something I rarely do but I couldn't get anything done, and I felt so nauseous.

2. We joined the gym yesterday and I'm so excited. I'm picking EV up from work and we'll head over there for our first work out this afternoon/evening.  The gym has 5 or 6 pools, and all the bells and whistles plus 3 hours of childcare per day from 8am - 9pm (and 7pm on weekends).  We get a 20% discount from her company, plus she can expense $50 per month per her company's policy, which made it much more affordable  :-)  FX  Kaden does well in childcare. As for me I am looking forward to a mini break now and again.  Full time Mommyhood is 6am to 8pm (and occasional night shifts ;-)

3. My brother-in-law really wanted us to come to his in-laws for Christmas Day dinner and we conceded even though - ugh they are so irritating.  I am not looking forward to it - but I know it will make him so happy. 

4. We're making Christmas gifts this year and it has been really fun to watch EV felt wool and then we sewed the edges (to make needle books), we're making sewing kits out of fabric and small mason jars with homemade needle books inside and a pincushion lid.

5. The gym membership was our gift to each other. Except for finishing our project we're done shopping. Kaden received some toys from his Grandparents and Great grandparents and one thing from us (because they went a little overboard).   He's only getting a few things but they are stacked in huge boxes in the garage. I totally say we don't spoil him, and I personally don't think he has a lot of toys but when I look around his playroom and bedroom I'm embarrassed to admit that perhaps I'm wrong about that. At least we'll get multiple uses out of many things.

6. Kaden is climbing the stairs and sliding down. This is something we allow him to do now, and he's gotten very good at it.  Part of me really wanted to install gates, but I'm happy I didn't.  They're such a pain to open and close while carrying kid, laundry (or both).  We have 1 gate currently in the hallway leading to his room & playroom/office that we can close off.  We adopted the our whole house is basically childproofed" method.  Nothing breakable down low, a few cabinets in the kitchen are locked, sharp knives, etc on the counters. 

7. I think I am feeling a lot more overwhelmed about becoming a parent this time around.  With Kaden I envisioned what it would be like, how I would spend my days. Now I know - LOL - sigh.  And don't get me wrong I love K, I love being a mom. I've said this all before.  But now I know how consuming it is ;-)  I can't even imagine what having 2 under 2 will be like.  And I think back to all the sleepless nights...  (insert quirky smile).  I am tired in advance. 

8. That said I also can't wait to meet our Owen, and nurse a newborn, and watch him smile, then sit, then crawl. And see Kaden and him interact.  I am so excited about Kaden having a brother, and vice versa.

9. I wrote out several Christmas cards this year but not even close to my usual 30+  I feel bad but I don't have the time or energy (I've been working on TTT since 8am.... LOL and its 2:30pm here in CA). 

10. Kaden has started understanding what pictures and photos mean. As in EV just sent a photo of her making a kissie face for him - and he responded in kind. He's done the same thing with picture books like mimicking the baby in one of our favorites (Mommy, Mama & Me - which we changed to Aya, Mama & Me).   It's sooo cute.
  • Options
    1. We are on CD 2 so it's coming up on time for us to try again...I don't feel as much hope and I don't like that.

2. I feel like I'm having a hard time with all the new people on the board. It's hard to keep up and I'm struggling. We've become the old cranky people.

3. I feel like I'm behind and have so much to do before Christmas and not much motivation to do it...bah hum bug

4. I got my final grade back for my masters program and I did way better than I thought I was going to so that is a positive.

5. Over the last few months several bump people have become "off bump" friends and I am so thankful for that.

6. We are going to eat sushi tonight and I am really excited because it's my favorite and I have been craving it for weeks.

7. C came home this morning and surprised me with subway breakfast...she's the best!!!

8. I think we are going to start muzzle training our dogs...does anyone have experience with this?

9. I have really been missing camp and working in camp lately...I wish I would find a job that allowed me to do this...

10. C and I have been talking a lot about moving lately and it makes me want to move now but we can't and it's just another thing to feel impaitent about...

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    1. We are on CD 2 so it's coming up on time for us to try again...I don't feel as much hope and I don't like that. 2. I feel like I'm having a hard time with all the new people on the board. It's hard to keep up and I'm struggling. We've become the old cranky people. 3. I feel like I'm behind and have so much to do before Christmas and not much motivation to do it...bah hum bug 4. I got my final grade back for my masters program and I did way better than I thought I was going to so that is a positive. 5. Over the last few months several bump people have become "off bump" friends and I am so thankful for that. 6. We are going to eat sushi tonight and I am really excited because it's my favorite and I have been craving it for weeks. 7. C came home this morning and surprised me with subway breakfast...she's the best!!! 8. I think we are going to start muzzle training our dogs...does anyone have experience with this? 9. I have really been missing camp and working in camp lately...I wish I would find a job that allowed me to do this... 10. C and I have been talking a lot about moving lately and it makes me want to move now but we can't and it's just another thing to feel impaitent about...

I am glad we have become friends in real life too!  Don't be too hard on yourself about being grumpy.  It happens to the best of us!  I feel like I complain about my life all the time, but I really just need to vent sometimes.  I am not judging you and I don't think others are either :-)  I really hope you and C have great results from your new RE and get knocked up soon!!!  :-)
    Oh and I forgot to tell you since we listed so many things we want in a house we should just all live together on a commune.  Our boi's can work and we can raise the babies!  lol
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options

@redrockmama - I'm sorry to hear about your stepmom.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

@ally606 - Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm starting this way later than normal for me.  It's been a busy day!

1.  We had our work Christmas party today.  I was on the planning committee.  We had a Hawaiian/Beach theme.  Will PIP at the end.

2.  C and I are catching up on Generation Cryo.  This show is super emotional and makes me imagine all the possibilities of how our potential LOs will feel some day.

3.  I put up our Christmas tree all by myself!  Got it in the stand and secured without having to adjust it at all.  I got the lights on and all of my ornaments.  That will be my Thursday PIP. 

4.  For whatever reason, I never realized before that NW Cryo offers a forum and sibling registry.  I signed up for the forum last night and checked it out a bit.  I feel nervous about it and I'm not sure why. 

5.  I'm sad that we didn't get pregnant with our first donor.  I was lurking on the TTC forum on NW Cryo and I saw a thread with our first donor's number.  One woman was going into her first IUI with his sperm and had asked if others had gotten pregnant.  There was at least one woman who reported she had. 

6.  I am super happy with our new donor.  Honestly, I think he is probably a better fit.  I hope this is it for us.

7.  I don't think I have ever in my life wanted my period to start.  I know I still have about a week to go, but come on.  I just want to get started again!

8.  I'm super excited because I found some things I'm going to make for Christmas presents.  I've never really done that before.  C and I aren't exactly rolling in money right now, so it helps immensely. 

9.  I have so much to get done before Christmas...

10.  As it was our work Christmas party today, I ate more food than I really needed to.  I'm feeling fine now, but I surely wasn't this afternoon. 

PIPs from our party today.  The pig is a cake!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    @flygirl1228, I'm in Wisconsin too!  We're actually having a heat wave right now :)  Late last week it was -20 (without windchill) on average! 
  • Options
    Haha I literally laughed out loud at my desk envisioning a polar bear running around!  I'm sure it's because you don't have a coat...Wisconsinites aren't even willing to go out without a coat on!
  • Options
    1) I go back to work tomorrow and I'm a mess today just thinking about it and haven't put B down all day.

2) B was 9 weeks old Monday and got her 2 month shots yesterday. A & I both cried just as much as B did.

3) A & I plan to get married next year. We're just not sure where yet because Indiana sucks. I think we're going to Iowa or Illinois.

4) We have a Golden Retriever furbaby named Macy who loves B so much. She lays on the floor with her during tummy time.

5) I have to work on Christmas and its making me extremely sad I don't get to spend Christmas morning with B on her first Christmas. Life of a health care worker :(

6) I'm realizing more and more each day how lucky A & I were to have gotten pregnant so quickly. I wish the best for all of you TTC.

7) A & I are extremely excited The Fosters is starting back up Jan 13th.

8) We live in Indiana and it's freezing here right now with a lot of snow. I'm ready to go somewhere warm.

9) I miss playing softball. Didn't get to play last year because I was pregnant with B, hoping this next summer I can play some.

10) I'm not looking forward to spending Christmas with A's family. They've just recently started accepting out relationship and I still feel very awkward around her whole family.
  • Options
    I'm late, as usual LOL

1.  Only 1 more alarm day until I get two weeks off.....woohoo!  Glad I have something else to countdown other than my TWW!

2.  Cramping today...wonder if implantation cramping. Oh how I love the TWW.

3.  Finally convinced (ok, wore down) my DW in letting us open at least one gift!  She loves sushi so I got her the Disney vinylmations sushi set.  I knew she would love it! If you haven't seen the vinylmations, they are awesome and have something for everyone. Two of our friends got us started when we got married---they gave us two bride mickey vinylmations and then I got an I <3 NY one. I set it up in a glass case with one of our bouquets and it looks like the NY mickey is marrying the two bride mickeys (I will attach a pic later!!)

4. What do you get when you mix high school students, a full moon, and the last week of school before a break??? Utter and total chaos LOL.  Been a really busy week. I got home yesterday at 5pm and immediately went to bed. I woke up at 9pm, kissed the wife goodnight, and went straight back to sleep LOL

5. I love the holidays b/c I truly enjoy giving gifts.  Which I had an endless supply of cash so I could afford to get something that everyone I love truly would enjoy (ok, probably more than one thing...I am a gift-giving-aholic

6. Our school just received their school grade and we got an A! This is our first time ever and a REALLY BIG DEAL.  It is not easy and there are a lot of components that go into this.  Suffice it to say we worked our butts off!

7. I was watching a video of bon-qui-qui.  It is comedian Anjelah Johnson and I die laughing everytime...she is hilarious. My DW also sent me a lot of clips from Key and Peele and I almost pee'd my pants laughing at some of them

8. We are considering acupunture to help me relax through the tww.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?? I am terrified of needles (like turn white and almost pass out just for a flu shot)

9. Getting ready to head out for a "meeting" with some of our secret santa participants from work at Chili's

10. Hope you all have a wonderful, safe Holiday Season!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options

1) I go back to work tomorrow and I'm a mess today just thinking about it and haven't put B down all day.

2) B was 9 weeks old Monday and got her 2 month shots yesterday. A & I both cried just as much as B did.

3) A & I plan to get married next year. We're just not sure where yet because Indiana sucks. I think we're going to Iowa or Illinois.

4) We have a Golden Retriever furbaby named Macy who loves B so much. She lays on the floor with her during tummy time.

5) I have to work on Christmas and its making me extremely sad I don't get to spend Christmas morning with B on her first Christmas. Life of a health care worker :(

6) I'm realizing more and more each day how lucky A & I were to have gotten pregnant so quickly. I wish the best for all of you TTC.

7) A & I are extremely excited The Fosters is starting back up Jan 13th.

8) We live in Indiana and it's freezing here right now with a lot of snow. I'm ready to go somewhere warm.

9) I miss playing softball. Didn't get to play last year because I was pregnant with B, hoping this next summer I can play some.

10) I'm not looking forward to spending Christmas with A's family. They've just recently started accepting out relationship and I still feel very awkward around her whole family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"